Sisters

I've been thinking about boys and girls and the relationships that they build. I like having all boys and frankly, having girls scare me. But this week I've been thinking that there is something special about girls too.

Girls have different relationships than boys. I love my brothers, I value them, and I look up to them. There is something special about that. But, the relationships I have with my sisters are different. I need my sisters. That relationship is very important to me.

So, when I found out we were moving to Ohio, where my sister lived, I was very excited. I've been so happy living close to my sister this past year.

My sister Chelsey and I are very different but also very similar. One thing I've needed to learn from her this year is to take things as they come. Chelsey is very good at just letting things happen and not letting them faze her. I, on the other hand, need control and get very uptight if something unexpected happens. I really admire her easy going personality and hope to become more like that.

Chelsey and her family are moving this coming week. We went to Cincinnati to say our goodbyes and Chelsey cried. I was surprised that while the tears were close to the surface, they actually never came for me. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been preparing for this for the last six months and now that it's here I've accepted it. We'll see them again.

One day I hope I get the chance to live by each of my sisters. I love them all very much.
I thought I had a picture of all of us together but I can't find one. So here are most of my sisters and then a picture of my younger sister and my brother Dave.




The boys love their cousins. They talk about Jake all the time and ask when they will get to go see him again. I'm very sad they won't get to play with Jake anymore.



Comments

Frances said…
I wish I lived by my sister. And I'm scared of having a boy!! It must just be fear of the unknown.
Jess and Jen said…
Adrianne, you look up to your brothers because we're all giants. -Jess
Saimi said…
Next to my husband, my sister is my very best friend. I would love nothing more than to live next to her.

As for having girls, that would have done me in. I loved being the mother of boys!

Love your pictures, thanks for sharing.
Lokodi said…
Man! You four look so much alike. It's crazy. It's pathetic that we don't have a picture of all five of us together. I think I have one of us at Gillian's wedding, but I hate that one of me. :) I bet it would be so weird to actually live close to my family for once. I've been away for so long, I can't remember what it's like. I know my kids would LOVE living close to your boys. Gabe and Eli sound so much alike. I wish they knew their cousins.

Lindsey
I love both my sisters and my brothers but I can't say that i'm super close with any of them. It kind of makes me sad.

When are you guys moving?

Popular Posts