Watch out bad guys, these boys are tough







Mike sent me this article when he was at work the other day. Will is a super picky eater. I tried to make a cool name for peas once and it didn't do much to convince him to eat them but when Mike told Will we were having Super Hero Lasagna Pie he was really interested in eating. He really only took a few bites but he didn't complain and he was way better about eating than normal. That night and all the next day the boys ran around being super hero's. Tonight we had "X-ray vision carrots" and "Bone-strengthening skeleton food" (enchiladas) with "Brown Dinosaur food" (refried beans). Will told us Mike had a ton of carrots so I said Mike would be able to see through all the walls in the house and then Will hurried and ate more carrots. Will asked when he would be able to see through walls...Mike told him he'd have to wait and see.

We need to come up with some other cool names before we are eating dinner and some things we don't have to tell blatant lies about. Like seeing through walls, not so true.

Comments

Joe and Liz said…
Ha Ha! That's really cute!
Rachel said…
I heard about that on the news last week - naming your food to get kids to eat it. How clever!
Pitcher Family said…
What smart parents you are. If Mike really starts seeing through walls, let us know. That would be great!!
Cali said…
Too cute. Maybe this would help my kiddos! You should post a list of the names you come up with, and I'll send you any I come up with!

I must be going crazy--I swear I read a post on google reader that isn't on your blog--or maybe you removed it? Anyway, you wondered about a good place to buy clothes. I'm not generally a Target fan, but they have kids clothes for $3-$5, which I love. And, they are pretty sturdy. I've been un-impressed with the clothes I've bought at Walmart, but have generally been happy with Target's kids' clothes.
Zach and Nikki said…
Lincoln is extremely picky too and I was talking to my sister about it. She does the same thing you do. She has a bean soup her son won't eat unless she calls it cowboy soup (because it's what cowboys eat). I don't know if Lincoln will fall for this strategy yet, but I'm sure I'll be using it when he is ready for it.
Cali, you aren't going crazy. I did write a post that was published on this blog but I meant to post it on my family blog so I took it off here and posted it there. Thanks for the advice.
Papa Doc said…
Love the pictures of the boys.

Once I made Jess eat his peas and he threw up on the table. It was not a pleasant experience. To this day he does not like them. Perhaps I should have made a clever name for them, but then I am not often clever.

Dad Clark

Popular Posts