I'm dreaming of warmth on my skin and sand between my toes

Sometimes I take Viatmin D. My body and mind need the energy and happiness provided by Vitamin D (at least that is what I've convinced myself). It's sunshine in a bottle.

If the sun would decide to shine I wouldn't need my bottle of vitamin D.

The boys are just a tad bit tired of being in the house. Will wanted to go outside yesterday. He came into the living room with four wooden skewers and told me he was going to make little mice. I thought about the skewers and their sharp points and wondered why he should need them but then considered the fact that all snow mice need arms so I decided to let him use the skewers. I asked him to keep them away from Eli so he wouldn't hurt himself. Will agreed, then promptly put them on the ground while he put his boots on. This seemed to be an invitation to Eli to confiscate the skewers. As luck would have it, Isaac was bouncing on the couch, lost his balance and bumped into Eli, who promptly started crying in obvious pain. I turned to find a skewer in his hand with the pointy side up.

I worried that perhaps he had jammed the skewer in his mouth, but no, when he started crying, "Nose," and then blood started pouring from his nose, I realized that the skewer had actually gotten jammed up his nose.

I have to admit, when some gray boogers came out along with the blood, I worried that the skewer had perhaps poked his brain and bits of it was now seeping out. Today he seems to be as curious and active as ever so I assume his brain was left unscathed and remains in one piece.

The sun may not be shining but at least we are not without excitement in our house.

Remember the time Isaac poked himself in the eye with a straw? If you've forgotten, you can check out the picture here. While you are reviewing that post, check out how dark Will is and then think about all that nice warm sun that helped create that healthy glow.

Comments

The Duke said…
Oh, that brings up such awful memories of Jason jumping off the couch at my aunt's house when he was two. He had a dowel stick in his hand (which had been taken away multiple times but he kept climbing up wherever we put it). It went into his throat and ripped it all up, barely missing his tonsils. We had to rush him to the ER in Provo and they had an oral surgeon come and put in about 25 stitches. I can still see Jason's glazed eyes as he screamed with fear. They didn't put him out - just numbed everything. That was a dumb decision. It was a horrible experience!!
Your boys were lucky this time. Maybe not next time.
Jason said…
I still remember that. I remember standing on the arm of the couch with that stupid dowel in my mouth. I also remember the taste of the blood in my mouth. Thankfully, I do not remember the stitches. I'm glad Eli's gray matter is still intact.

I am praying for a little cloud cover. Maybe it will warm up just a bit. These sub-zero temperatures are starting to wear on me. We have a storm coming that should warm us up a little bit but after the storm winds down, the winds are supposed to pick up and the temps are supposed to drop again. Spring can't come quickly enough. I think I need to move back to California.
Pitcher Family said…
This has nothing to do with this post, but I just had to share with you. Everytime I go to your blog, if there a child here, they comment on your picture. Just now Jacob yelled "MIKE!!" Sometimes it is Tyson and he asks why we never get to visit Will. He talks about Will quite alot, considering that they have only met once. Often it is when he is wearing his green dino jammies. "Do you think Will is wearing his jammies like this tonight?!
Mike said…
Thanks for the funny comment, Mandy. We wished you didn't live in hel...uh, rather, in North Dakota. Does the internet slow down when it gets that cold? Maybe someday when we're rich we'll be able to come see you, or better yet, we'll fly you all down to see us so we don't have to be in the cold. :)

Popular Posts