The ending of summer

We came back from hot Vegas to hot Tokyo.  It's been a hotter summer than normal in Tokyo and I'm not exaggerating by saying it's been pretty miserable.  I thought after two summers of the heat and humidity, I would be okay this summer but it's been an energy sucker.  I've been impressed with the boys and their determination to go on walks together or go to the gym (which has no AC in the evenings).  They come home so wet you'd think it was pouring outside but really it's just that gross and humid.  We spent a lot of time in the house in the month of August.  I'm so glad I purchased craft kits for the girls before summer started so they had something to do.  The girls also reworked their room this summer.  They researched some wall art, chose new bedding, found some plants to decorate the room with, and separated their beds so they don't have a bunk bed anymore.  They rearranged their room and if I'm being honest, I don't like the setup.  It's awkward and makes it look even messier but I'm committed to let the girls have some autonomy in how they want their room to be.  I was especially hard for me when Felicity chose her bedding and chose a really tacky cat blanket.  I tried to gently give her some other ideas and she placed a few other options in the Amazon cart for consideration but in the end she chose the cat bedding and I'm all in for her to have choices and opinions.  Her bedding got delayed and then never made it here and instead got sent back to the seller so we had to reorder and now she is patiently waiting for it to arrive after over a month of waiting.  















 

Comments

Popular Posts