Quiet

The world is in so much commotion right now.  It feels heavy and sad.  I was trying to figure out how to feel peace right now and decided to take social media apps off of my phone.  I actually only use instagram and facebook.  I don't use snapchat or Tik Tok or Twitter or anything else.  Anyway, I took the apps off of my phone and it has been so much better for me this week.  I can still have access to those on my computer but I find that I don't visit those sites often when it isn't right there on my phone.  There is just so much anger and divisiveness and confusion and it has been hard to filter it all.  It isn't that I am not open to hearing differing sides--I am happy to hear voices from all sides of the table--it is just that I don't feel there is much talking. It feels more like finger pointing and blaming and angry words.  Having less opportunity to read it all has given me a better opportunity to hear the spirit, the best teacher and corrector.  I have had many discussions with Mike and the kids and I continue to remind myself that I need to focus on Christ and his teachings.  I am about 30 chapters ahead of the reading for Come Follow Me and I have found so many correlations to our day in my daily reading.  It is both comforting and frightening but ultimately, I am grateful that I have somewhere to turn to hear truth and to be taught truth.  I have enjoyed not having social media on my phone and while this isn't a social media fast and I still occasionally check those sites, I wonder when I will put them back on.  I can't post to instagram without putting it back on my phone.  Sometimes I miss that but mostly I don't.












Comments

Popular Posts