Lair O' the Bear

We went hiking twice this week!  I had heard that Lair O' the Bear was a favorite for some people so we decided to check it out.  It is all the way on the other side of Denver (most hiking is, actually). Mike still had work so we waited until later in the afternoon.  Isaac hurt his back this week while working out with me so he stayed home but the rest of us went.  There was not even one single complaint the entire hike, which made my heart happy!  We just chose a random hike that was supposed to be easy.  The parking lot was packed and there were quite a few people down by the river and the picnic tables but we didn't see too many people on our hike.  Again, we got bitten by mosquitoes but not too bad.  We promised Piper she could play in the water after the hike so we found a spot where there wasn't anyone and let the kids play in the water.  Piper said it was her very favorite day and Felicity cried when we said it was time to leave and she requested we come back again the next day.  We live too far away to be making this trip across town every day but I'm sure we will come back.  It was so gorgeous and made me feel recharged and forget all the yucky going on in the world briefly.  There were some rain drops and some thunder (it is the rainy season in Colorado right now) so I was a little worried we would be caught in that but it was fine.  On the drive there the car read 101 degrees but it felt so nice and pleasant in the mountains.  Felicity ended up sitting in the water and got her underwear soaking but luckily I had a pull-up in the car so when we got back to the parking lot we found a bathroom and changed her.  The kids all know that if they go hiking with me, they will get to climb rocks and play in the water (as long as it isn't too fast).  It is not so certain that will happen when they hike with Mike.  He was a good sport and didn't say much when I let them take their shoes off and get in.  He did say that he would probably let the girls get in now but would not have let the boys get in whey they were younger.  He's come a long way and definitely mellowing out.  Hahaha.  This farm girl just wants my kids to climb and get dirty and explore!  What is a little dirt on their butts and in between toes when memories are being made?!  I made sure we looked for ticks when we got home--ticks are so gross to me--and thankfully, no ticks.  I'm not sure where we are hiking next but I think I am going to make us all do it more.









































Comments

Popular Posts