A few improvements


I don't know what to do with the boy's room. We have two beds, one used to be my little brother Ammon's bed and the other we got from our home teacher in our last ward. One is a brown wood and the other is a blue metal bed. They don't match and are very old. I've thought about painting them both but we would like to get bunk beds so I'm not sure it is worth the work. We also don't have dressers. We need three because Eli doesn't have one either. Anyone have some dressers they want to give us?! We just use those plastic see-through bins. So, their room is just a jumble of things put together. I've been trying to make slow improvements. This was my recent project for their room.


We also got these awesome post cards that our friends the Choates gave us. Their cousin is an artist that has done things for Disney. I'm not sure if that is the correct story. Anyway, they are really cool. We framed two of them for Will and Isaac's room and will frame some for Eli's room. We are so excited to have these great pictures for the boys. Hopefully we can teach them early about preparing for missions and these pictures can be a reminder to them.


For Eli's room I was going to do a mural like the one I did in the last house only an airplane but I don't want to paint over it. So I think I will just buy a huge canvas from Hobby Lobby and paint one of these. Is it plagiarism if none of my ideas are my own and I have to copy someone else's work?

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I love the dinosaurs...you did an awesome job on those! You're lucky you CAN copy someone else's idead...I would have to BUY someone else's work if I wanted to have it! You're a talented girl! -Jen
The Duke said…
I love the dinosaur pictures, too! I always love it when you paint. Have you noticed that some great artists take photos to capture a moment and then paint from that photo? (Dave Merrill took two of my photos and I didn't charge him for them.) So, is that plagerism from God's work? I'd say that it wouldn't matter with what you are going to do. I love thos little murals of planes on the walls.
If you get bunk beds, I wouldn't do the metal ones like we had. They didn't hold up very well and I wasn't pleased with them after a short time. I'd stick to wood frames or more solid frames.
How do you keep their room so clean?? None of my kids' rooms were ever that clean.
Katie said…
Wanted to let you know you were a winner on my blog. Send me an email and I'll pass your address along to JumpStart.
Thanks!

Popular Posts