Some tomatoes

It's been a long time since I've painted or drawn--Maybe since I painted the mural in the boy's room. I am not very confident in my artistic or creative abilities. When I was in elementary school my mom had me take art lessons. I really enjoyed it. Then in Jr. High I took an art class. That's about all the art instruction I've ever had so I'm not very good. When I was in college I had a friend taking a painting class and she would bring home her canvases and paints and tell me to paint with her. It took me a long time to agree because I was just embarrassed. I am very, very thankful that she encouraged me though because I started painting. It was during a very stressful time in my life and I was trying to learn who I was and trying to be confident in my choices and in my testimony. I remember painting and losing myself in what I was doing and forgetting the time. It was like I was transported to a different place. It really brought me a lot of peace. I have felt lately like I really needed to do some art again.

Anyway, I was trying to decide what to draw/paint (I have no talent in the area of self-creativity. For now, until I learn more, it will just have to be copying). I had asked my family to supply me with some pictures for my newly painted walls. I thought it would make the art in my house more personal if I knew where the picture came from. So, I decided to use the pictures I was going to print off and put on my walls and practice doing some art. This is my first attempt. There are some really great pictures my family sent me. I only had an hour because it was during quiet time and I knew the boys (Isaac and Eli) would be awake soon so it's not perfect. It was really rewarding to just sit and not worry about anything but creating something. I am really hoping there will be a time in my life where I can take some classes and learn some techniques. Anyway, here is the attempt. I'm really excited to try and paint some of the other pictures sent to me. I'll post those pictures so you can see them too.




Comments

Marcy said…
Really awesome! I can't wait to see what you do next!
Looks like talent to me! I'd love that talent. I'm more of a stick figure kind of girl. Well done.
JC Choate said…
yummy!
those look awesome, and I like your idea of decorating w/ your own work
Papa Doc said…
I'm so glad you are painting again. You show a lot of potential. We have two of your paintings hanging in our house and I love them! In fact, with a couple of my photos, I kept thinking, "Adrianne would like this one. It would be a great picture to paint."
Well done, kiddo!
Mom
Pitcher Family said…
I can't beleive you think you have no talent!! You are one of the most talented people I know. I love to see your great products, creations and ideas. Thanks for sharing them!
On a side note, I'm sooo looking forward to spring and planting some tomato plants. I love fresh tomatoes... but conitinually falling snow is not giving me much of a spring feeling lately.
Thanks everyone. I don't think I don't have talent, I just know that I have a lot to learn and that I am not confident in what I do. But I recognize I have some talent. I really appreciate the comments.

Popular Posts