Just a little of this and a little of that

1. On Sunday we had to meet with the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency. They released Mike as the second counselor in the bishopric, and then called him to be the 1st counselor. He asked me how I felt about it and I said that it honestly didn't make a difference to me. We are doing it now as the second counselor so the first just carries the same stress (with blessings of course). It was nice to be able to answer his questions correctly though: "How is your marriage?" "Great!" "Do you go on dates?" "Yes. Babysitters are expensive so we go out officially every other week and do something with the boys the other week and then do something when they go to bed." "Are you having Family Home Evening and family scripture study and prayer?" "Yes." Anyway, of course we are a perfect family so we passed with flying colors. Ha, ha.

The experience reminded me of how wonderful inspiration is. When Mike was set apart President Cole mentioned a few things from Mike's patriarcle blessing. It was a testimony to me of how much Heavenly Father knows us all because obviously, President Cole didn't know what was in Mike's blessing.

2. Everyone in our house has been sick but me. Ikie had another double ear infection (he must have gotten his ears from Mike) and Will had a sinus infection (he must have gotten his sinuses from me). They are all getting better but Will uses being sick to his conveinence, "I can't clean my room, I'm soooo sick."

3. We had a recent pregnancy scare this past week. Everything seems fine now but we have decided that we need to be prepared for whatever is going to happen. I keep going to the store to buy stuff (bottles, onsies, diapers, etc.) and then I turn around and leave. I just can't think about it yet. In the back of my mind I know I'm being foolish but I just love how things are and don't want this child to come yet! Besides that, I don't want to get anxious about things and somehow getting ready so early keeps it fresh in my mind. We are having a baby!!! Anyway, both Mike and I ultimately feel very calm about everything and I feel so blessed to have a worthy priesthood leader in my home that can give me blessings and put my mind at ease.

4. We are now nurseryless at church. That has been fun each Sunday.

5. We've had two incredibly beautiful days here in Oklahoma. It is raining today and chilly but I'm not complaining! My poor family and my sister-in-law are seeing endless snow. I feel sad for them.

Comments

Cali said…
When are you due again? And, I never did ask, are you keeping the gender a secret? I hope that everything is OK. I've been feeling really sore from growing so much lately. Oh well, it's worth it!

You're nurseryless? How did that happen? Will you get new nursery leaders? If I was in your ward, I would volunteer--I love nursery!
Cali, I am due May 4th. I'm 27 1/2 weeks along so if our baby were to come it would be much, much too early. But no scares this week so hopefully it was just a fluke thing and we don't need to worry. I am interested to know if this baby will come early like the other two though. It isn't a secret--we are having a boy--and we are very excited to have a house full of boys. What are you having? I love nursery too and would be very happy for Mike and I to be released from our callings and put in as the nursery leaders. I wish more people felt that way.
Jess and Jen said…
1st counselor now, eh? I agree with you...I wouldn't think much actually changes. Now he just has different auxiliary responsibilities.

But congratulations on being a perfect family. We are doing everything you are except the dating! We have a hard time getting out alone. We rely on our bi-annual trips to Hawaii for that. Does that count?
Jess, your bi-annual Hawaii get aways are way better! I'll switch ya. Mike wants to go on a cruise to East Asia. That would be fun, I think. But we need our families to stop having get togethers every year so we can save up and go somewhere together! We love our families though...
Adrianne--i thought of you today (not that i don't think of you all the time :) ), but when i heard about the tornados, i wanted to make sure you guys were okay. (i think you're the only people i know out thataway).

oh, and good to hear that you're perfect. i have so much to learn from you. but now i might hold out for a trip to hawaii or a cruise--who wants to go on a dumb date to walmart?
Jane, we actaully were very lucky and had no severe weather. It did snow a little which was weird because it never snows in Oklahoma. But all the tornados missed us.

Popular Posts