More Jess and Jen and packing day

 I'm just sitting here, on the floor of the living room, watching some very efficient men packing up the majority of our things.  They got here five minutes before 8 AM.  It's now 11 AM and almost everything is packed and much is already moved out of the house.  

It's my birthday.  

I guess it's not a very exciting birthday.  I don't think I'd be terribly disappointed that packing day is on my birthday except that last year I was fired from my calling in Primary on my birthday and I spent a large part of that day (Sunday) crying.  The year before that I had Covid and spent the entire day feeling feverish and miserable in bed.  The year before that was ok but I was still recovering from my surgery.  So, I guess we are making a tradition of my birthday not really being much of a celebration.  It's okay.  

We will go out to dinner tonight and then spend the night in a hotel.  Originally we were supposed to stay in our house tonight but the movers have been so efficient in packing that they are taking our things today instead of tomorrow.  We hurried and changed our hotel stay to tonight instead of tomorrow.  Our loaner furniture (a small couch, some beds, a kitchen table) will come tomorrow afternoon and we will spend the next month and a half living sparingly until our last shipment goes out on June 18th.  All this means that hopefully on the other end, we won't have to wait longer than a month for our things to reach us. 

Anyway, I don't have much to do today except watch my stuff go away so it gives me a chance to catch up on here and plan for some days that Mike and I are subbing in Seminary. 

So, on to more documenting of our visit with Jess and Jen.  

We took them to Shibuya because I love Shibuya and it's easy to get to.  Plus, I feel like it would be a shame to come to Tokyo and not experience Shibuya.  We showed them the scramble and walked them to Don Quixote.  Don Quixote is such an attack on the senses but it's an interesting store and has so many flavors of Kit Kats and Hi Chews--we discovered pineapple--my new favorite!  We also took them to the top of the Parco building to see views of the city.  We had sushi for lunch and I'm so proud of Jen!  She was really brave and tried sushi for the first time.  I like this sushi place because you can also order chicken or fries.  I don't really like a lot of sushi but I enjoy the salmon, tuna, and shrimp. Mike is more brave than me and always orders at least one new weird sushi flavor.  

One evening we took them to Shinjuku to see Memory Lane, the Godzilla, and found the Government building where they were doing light projections to music.  I snapped this photo of a couple sitting on the fake grass with their shoes behind them.  It's such a Japanese thing and made me smile.

One things about Jess and Jen that made the visit even more fun is that everything was interesting and exciting to them.  It was so easy to please them.  I loved showing them things because I knew they would be delighted with everything.  Loved it.














Comments

Popular Posts