Jess and Jen's--Asakusa and Skytree

 I had been anticipating Jess and Jen's visit for months.  I was excited but didn't realize how excited I was until I was washing dishes a few minutes before it was time to go to the airport to pick them u and I got a little teary eyed thinking about seeing them.  That's not really a normal response for me so I was surprised but also, so excited!  They were obviously really tired when they got here so we kept them up.  I think we took them to my favorite bread shop around the corner and then walked to the church to drop off Piper for her YW activity and walked around Roppongi until we could go back and get her.  I showed them Tokyo Tower, The Maman Spider Sculpture and the Mohri Gardens.   

Asakusa was on our list of places to visit.  I am not writing all of this in order partly because I honestly can't remember when we did what--I should have posted all of this much earlier--but I don't think the order matters.  I was worried it wasn't going to be an awesome outing because it was a cold and snowy day but the snow let up pretty quickly and besides being really cold, it ended up being a great day.  We visited Senso-ji temple and then skipped the Sumida boat tour because we figured the wind and cold would make it kind of unpleasant and we wanted to hit Skytree when the clouds started clearing.  

I'm not in a single one of these photos but we did manage to get a photo together when we sat down for lunch.  I took some photos of these cute school girls and my brother took photos of me taking their photo.  It was fun to get his behind the scenes photos.  Skytree was cool.  I'd never been inside before so I was happy when my brother said he wanted to go to the top.  These funny ladies had brought their dolls to the top and had them all set up for a photoshoot.  It was weird.  It isn't uncommon for people to bring little stuffed animals or cutouts to do little photoshoots with but bringing two big dolls was a new one to witness.  So odd.

We also made a quick stop in Kappaboshi for chopsticks.









































Comments

Popular Posts