Life this month

I had planned to go out and adventure for most of February because we only have three and a half months left here and the closer we get to the move, the busier life becomes.  February was my month to get all the adventures in that I wanted but sadly, it hasn't really panned out the way I thought it might.  It's okay.  I have gotten out and about, just not as much as I intended.  

I started teaching a photography class once a week.  It's a really small class--three people--but perfect for my first try.  I don't know if I'm any good at it but we all enjoy the time we spend together and I hope they are learning.  I had enough people mention in passing that they wish I could teach them so I finally just decided not to overthink it and give it a try.  We will have one more class this Friday and then either call it or, pick it back up in April after all our visitors are gone.  
 
We are getting visitors!  

Andy and his niece came in January.  It's confusing but essentially, she is visiting his family in Korea, from Argentina.  Korea has a 90 day visa policy and her 90 days was coming up so she had to leave to let the visa reset.  It seemed like a good excuse to come see us so they came here for about five days.  Sadly, they both caught the flu (and passed it to us...) so I don't think their visit was a good as they had hoped.

A week and a half ago, our good friends from Colorado came to visit.  They were only in Tokyo for 24 hours so we packed in as many fun things into the visit as possible....pictures of that coming in another post.  

In two weeks my brother and his wife will come and party with us and then following their visit, my friend Bre and her daughter Gwyn come for ten days.  Finally, I think my sister and her daughter are coming in April.  So, we are getting the chance to share Tokyo and our lives here with lots of people we love.  It will be fun to show them our favorite places and let them see what life has been like for us these last three years.  

Aside from that, life is just going forward.  We know we are moving in June so the next few months will be busy and full and stressful.  Add to the move Isaac's graduation and his mission call/prep, plus all the other end of the year activities, and we are moving into months of stress and emotions (highs and lows).  I hope we can navigate them as smoothly as possible.  

Pictures are of some of my morning walks.




















 

Comments

Popular Posts