Kolob Reservoir

A random fact: I love to listen to cello music.  In another life, I'm a cellist.  Recently I've been listening to Yo-Yo Ma.  He is so incredible.

Yesterday I took a lady around the neighborhoods near me--Roppongi, Midtown, a little bit of Hiroo.  I took her to a small grocery store and then showed her what foods were what and pointed out some yummy treats her kids might like.  We were not anticipating rain, were umbrella-less, and got drenched.  It actually felt kind of nice because it is still so hot and humid.  I also showed her a few parks, some good places to eat, some museums to visit on a later date, etc.  

Will reached out to his friends last week and asked if they wanted to go to the temple with him.  He and his buddies are all leaving soon.  They all found a day and went to a Japanese session.  Two of his friends speak Japanese--Ethan is native Japanese but speaks fluent English, and John is actually Filipino but he's lived in Japan now for a long time and therefore, fluent in Japanese and English.  Nathan has dual citizenship for America and Switzerland.  They have such different backgrounds and life experiences but I love that they have had one another as friends over the last two years.  When they all got into the Celestial Room of the temple one of the boys asked if they could pray together.  I feel really thankful that Will has friends his same age that have prepared to go on missions and have been supportive of one another in making the decision to go.  There are not a lot of youth here in the area that are members so I'm thankful that Will is not alone.  As a side note, John is actually one of Isaac's best friends here and it is going to be hard for him when John leaves.  

Anyway, the photos are from when we went to Kolob Reservoir to meet up with my brother and his family, who were camping there.  My mom told us to go one route that ended up being a bit sketchy and added an hour to our drive.  It was definitely scenic.  The way home was much better and we got to see the backside of Zion.  We spent more time paddle boarding and canoeing.  It made me want to buy a paddle board as soon as we get back to the states.


















 

Comments

Popular Posts