Final April photos, graduation, etc

I am finally uploading the last photos from April.  We had our Easter activity at a local park.  My counselor was in charge and she delegated things to each of us, making it a really successful activity.  My boys and a few other youth came to hide all the eggs, which was much appreciated.  We also had the Easter bunny come and hide eggs while we were at church.  Both Will and Isaac were sick so they stayed home from church and "assisted" the bunny.  The girls were happy to hunt for eggs on the roof but we missed an egg and found it just last week being eaten by maggots and other bugs.  Eww.  

We celebrated Eli's birthday on the 15th.  He is so mature and grown up now.  He wanted to go thrifting with his friends and then we made his favorite dinner and instead of cake, he requested root beer floats.  

Final photos include an outing with Isaac to explore a shrine, the carp streamers to celebrate children's day, watching my nephew Nick throw the  and a walk through the cemetery with Isaac and Mike.  

I've only had two days in over a month when I didn't have a child home sick (an earache, a stomach bug, coughing and sinus infection, a fever, wisdom teeth, etc.) Isaac missed enough school that the vice principal called him in to tell him he needed a note from the dentist for his wisdom teeth removal or he wouldn't meet the requirements for his AP class, even though he had already taken the AP test.  He had missed eight days.  I asked him if he needed me to channel my inner Karen and have a talk with the vice principal.  There are two senior boys who got caught shoplifting and when they were detained by the police, they tried to beat the police up.  The police discovered weed in their pockets and the boys ended up in prison for thirty days.  They are back at school now and part of me wanted to say to the vice principal, "You've got delinquent kids at your school but you are wasting your time lecturing an A student in various AP classes, whose teachers all love him and who isn't missing any assignments, for missing eight days of school?"  


I decided to let Isaac have the meeting with the vice principal and we were able to get a written note from the dentist to clear up some days.  

Which ended up in our favor because guess what?  The kids are all home today.  Only Eli is sick right now but we are having family photos tonight and have to meet the photographer at the location before the kids would be able to get off the bus and get home.  I planned these photos long before I knew they would get so sick and miss so much school and while I know family photos is a lame reason to keep them home, we are barely making it to June 8th when school gets out.  We are tired and sick, quite literally, and well, I just don't want to stress about driving  an hour to the school to get them out early.  So, they are home.  I sent them to get haircuts and made them watch Felicity while I went to her Parent Teacher conferences.  
I was going to write about the graduation festivities happening this weekend but I don't have time and besides, I'll end up taking photos and posting those later anyway.  


























 

Comments

Popular Posts