January

I decided to do a 365 project.  Everyone who does one says that it is a huge project that is difficult and brings big awards in growth as far as photography goes.  I'd like to improve so I decided to try and tackle one.  I take a lot of pictures already but I do not take one a day and I have to admit, it is challenging.  I don't always feel inspired and I don't always have time to do any photography.  I hope this doesn't start to feel like a chore, but if it does, I'll just go back to taking pictures when I feel inspired.  

We haven't gotten snow for weeks but it's been cold enough that our snow slide hasn't melted and many of the roads have big chunks of ice still.  Our van has been giving us issues still.  We had to replace the battery but thankfully we haven't had to replace the van yet.  I think it will be in our near future though.  We've had quite a bit of sickness in our home this past month and a half and now that we have most of our doctors in place, our appointments are starting to pick up (dermatology, well-checks, dentists, eye exams, etc).  The only other thing I can think of to note is that I had Lasik surgery done.  We have talked about it for a long time and after scratching my eyeball a few months ago and getting low on my contacts, I decided to just go in for a consultation.  I went to two places, both quoting similar prices, and when the last place said they could get me in in a few days, Mike just said, "Let's do it!"  I was very nervous but I made sure not to look online at all the things that could go wrong and just decided if something went wrong and I ended up blind, we'd deal with it then.  It was really unsettling, not gonna lie.  I wouldn't want to do it again but it was worth it.  I didn't realize I was as nervous as I was until I got home and my shirt had large sweat spots under my armpits.  It took about 15 minutes but they put up a screen for everyone to see what is happening so I saw a few eyes being lasered and scraped before I decided I shouldn't watch anymore before my own.  You can't feel anything, thankfully, and the procedure is quick.  So, a few thousand dollars later, I have new eyes!  The recovery is fairly easy.  My eyes get dry and itchy so I put drops in them throughout the day and that is supposed to happen for a few months and by a year, my eyes should be totally healed.  When my eyes start to get dry they get a little blurry and at night I see halos but both of those are supposed to improve as the weeks and months go by.  Totally worth it if you have bad eyesight.  Will has much worse eyes than me and I assume his eyes will only get worse over the next few years so I am looking forward to him getting this done.  Guess we better start saving money again.  Mike can get his eyes done for free through the military so he is going to see if he qualifies and hopefully get his done in a few months.  His eyes are not that bad and I wouldn't say it was worth it for him if it weren't free.  It is amazing to be able to see so well now.  I keep forgetting and reaching for my glasses at the side of my bed and going to the mirror to take out my contacts at night.  It is so cool what technology can do and how our bodies heal.















Comments

Jess Clark said…
The B&W of Piper and Lissie is awesome.
Jess Clark said…
The B&W of Piper and Lissie is awesome.

Popular Posts