Utah Trip--Salt Lake

After spending time with my parents and Ammon we headed up to Salt Lake for a few days.  We didn't really plan anything big, which I kind of liked.  We met up with my brother Adam and his family on Monday evening.  We had dinner with them and he and Amy took me and Mike to the plot where they are building their new home.  When we got back I stayed and helped Amy make dinner while Mike and Adam took the kids on a small hike.  We tried Crumbl for the first time with them.  Yummy!  On Tuesday we just hung around at Chelsey's house.  We went to Day Break and let the kids play at the park and fed the ducks.  Brent had to fly to Florida for a few days so Chelsey took me and Mike out to dinner and then to a musical--Miss Saigon.  I had heard of the play but honestly had no idea what it was about.  The opening act was a bit shocking for us.  Haha.  We were so uncomfortable.  We were sitting right in the middle of a row in the middle of the theater.  My sister and I were looking at each other like, "Uh, that was interesting.  What do we do?!"  Mike was repeating the fibonacchi sequence to himself with his eyes diverted.  After dinner we were rushing to get there in time so I didn't have time to run to the bathroom so I was sitting there so uncomfortable needing to go to the restroom.  When we finally got to intermission, we hurried to the bathroom and Chelsey and I discussed if we should stay or not.  We were both like, "Certainly that is the worst of it and it won't be bad anymore, right?"  Wrong!  It was such a trashy show.  Chelsey felt embarrassed to have taken us to this play and we felt dumb for not knowing anything about it.  There was a mixed review at the end with half of the theater clapping loudly and whistling and the other half not wanting to clap at all.  The man who sat next to us told Chelsey he had seen the musical three times!  Once was enough for me.  All that aside, it is kind of a hilarious memory that I will always share with my sister.  I'm glad we went out and had dinner and saw a musical together even if it was pretty risque.  Maybe I'm a prude...

Sarah came home from college for a day and she took the girls on rides of her horse.  The girls literally thought it was the most magical thing.  They loved it so much.  Chelsey also has a play set in the backyard so the girls spent a lot of time playing on that and then everyone loved on her dogs and cat.  Will is allergic to cats so the second we walked in he started itching and sneezing and was so stuffy.  We gave him medicine and he seemed to be much better the rest of the time.  

On Wednesday, we had planned on meeting Amy and her kids at Thanksgiving point.  We decided to wait until after Felicity took a short nap and meet up at 3.  At 2, I was just about to go in the house to wake her from her nap.  Eli was bouncing on the trampoline and I was sitting reading on the porch.  Eli calmly walked to me and said, "Mom, I'm hurt."  I looked at his knee and he had a pretty good gash.  It didn't look deep enough for stitches but I told him to go in and show Mike.  He walked inside like nothing had even happened so I just assumed it wasn't that bad.  Unfortunately, I remembered that he was scheduled to get his tetanus shot the following week once we got home from our vacation and he had just sliced his knee on an old, metal spring of a trampoline.  We decided we needed to take him to urgent care and get him the vaccine and check about stitches.  Because it was on his knee, it kept opening up every time he bent his knee so they did give him stitches and made him wear a brace to keep him from moving the knee too much.  The boys were going to go paint balling in the mountains with their cousin Jake that night but Eli wasn't going to be able to go now.  He actually handled it all very well.  He didn't complain at all and didn't seem really phased about the stitches.  It took extra numbing (that red hair!) but it went well.  He was in pain the next few days and really embellished his pain and discomfort for attention (in my opinion) but besides that, he was a really good sport.  

That night after getting back from stitches, we sent the boys off (besides Eli) to play paintball.  Adam and Amy brought their kids over and Eli and Ella watched the littles while the adults went to dinner.  We missed the museum because of the stitches but I was glad the kids still go to play together.















Comments

Popular Posts