Vitamin D

Mike decided to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  He makes lofty goals.  Anyway, he has to write a novel this month.  He's already ahead of schedule, spending his free time at the desk in our room, typing away.  He emails his progress each night to Will so that Will can read it during the day and then when Mike gets home from work they discuss the story and changes Mike should make or if it read well, etc.  All this writing has made me think maybe I ought to challenge myself to write on here more instead of just posting pictures.  I'm not sure that I'll actually write anymore than I already do but at least I can pretend to try. 

I went to the doctor this past week to get the results of a bunch of blood tests.  I finally made an appointment because I decided that I had just hit a wall and I needed help.  I've been feeling exhausted to the point of tears.  I wake up in the morning and tears just come to my eyes because I feel so tired and know that I have to get up and get going but the exhaustion is overwhelming.  My daily schedule started to feel like too much.  Just thinking about all the tasks before me seemed daunting.  The baby has always woken up early and hasn't really been consistent at sleeping through the night until recently so that has added a level of tiredness as well.   

The truth is, I just don't feel well.  I feel emotional, tired, and discouraged.  It's hard to make and complete goals when you just don't feel well.  I have wondered if there is something going on like my thyroid not working or maybe anemia.  Regardless, I feel depressed and I realized that I needed some help.

The doctor did a bunch of tests, blood work, and a urine sample.  I was checked for thyroid issues, anemia, and diabetes among other things.  The tests show me to be a very healthy person aside from low Vitamin D levels.  Low Vitamin D levels can make your hair fall out, make you tired, achy, anxious, and depressed, all of which I've been experiencing.  I'm on a supplement now and hopefully in a few months (or sooner!) I'll notice a difference. 

I'm also headed to the OB to see why my hormones and periods are so crazy right now, and to a vascular doctor to get a painful varicose vein removed that is right behind my right knee, the knee that I broke. The varicose vein has made exercising even more painful and difficult so I'm hopeful that getting it removed will help me move more and feel better. 

It's hard to get old...I'm not even 40 yet but I feel old now.  I am hopeful that I can figure things out and get back on track.

Comments

Popular Posts