The Smokies

Our move is coming so soon.  I can't believe how fast it's coming up.  Moving is always so stressful.  There's just no way around it.  I really don't want this summer to get swallowed up in stress and business and even though it will be some of that, I don't want to look back on our last summer here and realize that we didn't do anything fun.  I decided to pack us up and head down to the Smokies, possibly for the last time.  I have loved living so close to the Smokies.  I always find so much peace in this beautiful place.  Because we have the baby and Piper with us, we didn't feel like we could do a hard or long hike so we chose to hike to Laurel Falls.  It started out with a slight drizzle and was actually pretty pleasant.  By the time we got to the falls it was pouring.  We snapped a few photos and then went right back down.  We were all so wet!  It was pretty funny, actually.  Will couldn't see because his glasses were so wet and fogged up so I held his hand to guide him down the trail.  Thankfully, it wasn't very cold so while we were a little chilly from being sopping wet, it wasn't too bad.  It was a fun adventure and I'm sure the kids won't forget the hike we took in the pouring rain!
   









Comments

Popular Posts