March!

Has it really been a month since my last post?  We've had some exciting things happen this past month.  For starters, and not very exciting, I took Felicity in for her three month check up.  It had actually been a month and a half since her last visit and she had only gained .4 oz.  We talked about her reflux and decided that her medicine wasn't working so we switched things up.  That first week was a doozy.  I'm not sure if it was related to the medicine or not but she cried all week and slept hardly at all.  It was frustrating and tried my patience.  This week is going better so far, though, it's only Tuesday.  She is sleeping a little better this week and is much, much happier.  

Will turned 12 on the 14th.  It is so weird that I have a 12 year old.  He is a good, good kid.  We had Stake Conference and then General Conference so this Sunday will be the first Sunday that he passes the Sacrament.  He's excited and nervous.  He has gone to Young Men's twice.  The first week they played Dodge Ball and he loved it and the second week they had to do country swing dancing with the girls.  He wasn't quite so excited about that but he got to dance with a girl who is his friend so I think he survived.  Plus, he got ice cream after so I think that made up for it.  

We only do birthday parties about every four years so this year was his party year.  He wanted to have a Glow in the Dark Night Games party.  It was the easiest party ever to plan.  We just bought some glow in the dark stuff, pizza, chips, water, a cake, and reserved the club house.  Because we didn't really have to pay for anything we told him he could invite as many friends as he wanted.  He ended up inviting 26 friends.  Two of them were out of town, one was sick, and two forgot but with his siblings, he ended up having 22 people at his party.  It was loud and fun!  The sad part of the party was when his friend slammed into Mike during a game and ended up breaking his wrist.  It was very sad.  The rest of the party was good though.  The kids played until 10 PM and then parents came to get them.  

One thing I want to brag about Will though.  Will was a team captain.  I asked Will how he decided who would be on his team.  He said, "I just decided that I would pick anyone that I thought might not get picked or that would feel bad if they were picked last.  I picked to have fun, not win."  That perfectly describes my William.  He is always thinking of the feelings of others and has such a sweet heart.  

Last week Mike defended his dissertation.  He passed!  It really isn't a surprise to me, I knew he would pass but it's still a relief.  He promised a few more months of work to his committee but overall, he's finished.  He wrote almost 400 pages of research.  It's weird to have him done.  He loves school and I think he is a little sad to be done.  

We got our assignment this past month as well.  We are assigned to Patrick Air Force Base in Florida.  It's located on Satellite Beach but essentially it's Cocoa Beach.  I have mixed feelings.  I'm excited to experience something new.  Florida is so different than anything we've ever experienced.  

We are working hard to get the house ready to be put on the market.  It's been stressful, but I'm just trying to tell myself to do what I can and let the rest just be.  We've been painting and purging closets and decluttering.  We hope to have the house ready by the end of April.  Oh, and I sprained my ankle so I am trying to deal with that too!  It hasn't gotten better so I went to the doctor this week and she thinks it might be something more than a sprain so I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor soon.  
















Comments

Popular Posts