Things that change and things that don't


It's been about two years since I've updated the pictures on our gallery wall.  I thought I should put some current pictures of the kids up.  It is always sad for me to put in new, fresh pictures of each kid and leave Laila's the same.  Her picture will never change.  One day I'll have pictures of big teenagers on the wall and wedged in the middle will be a picture of a dark haired infant.  It's strange, and sad.  

I know that she is growing and changing too, just not where we get to witness the changes and I don't want to miss the chance to watch the others grow.  I'm just thankful I have pictures of her and some pictures I don't want to change--the picture we took in front of the temple right before she died, the picture of us kissing her cheeks on her blessing day, and the picture of Mike holding her.  Those will stay as reminders that she shared precious months with us.  I'm thankful for that.  


Comments

Popular Posts