First week of school 2016-2017

We just finished out first week of school.  We started a week early this year so that I could take some time off when the baby comes.  We are also going out of town for a week so we needed to get a head start on our work.  The first week went pretty well.  I was nervous about this year because of the new baby coming but I think I've just decided that we will just do our best and call it good.  This year we have some changes in how we are doing things and I've added a writing curriculum.  I've also added a few other things that the boys want to do more of and I have been nervous that maybe it was just too much and that perhaps with the baby coming I should scale back this year.  I think I've come to the conclusion that we will just start and do as much as we can until we can't anymore.  I've made our English and Math more manageable this year (I think) and told the boys that in a couple of months we can go down to doing Spanish every other day instead of every day.  I am hoping the changes we've made will help things run more smoothly this year as well as free up some time for us to include more of the fun like art, baking, field trips, fun themed days, etc.  Honestly, it will be interesting to see how things go.  The good thing about homeschool is that I can just make adjustments as needed.
Eli is in 3rd grade

Will is in 6th

Isaac is in 5th 


Piper is doing preschool with me

Comments

Popular Posts