Pipes is cute

Sometimes I feel sad for the boys.  They all came so close together and I was so frazzled and tired and depressed that I don't think they got the best of me.  I'm not sure I loved them the way I should have.  With Piper things are different.  Sometimes I watch her and get teary eyed because the love I feel for her is overwhelming.  I'm sure part of that is because she came after we lost Laila.  And actually, my love for the boys has increased as well.  It's just that they are gone at school and I get to spend a lot of time with Piper alone.  

I just cannot get enough of her.  She is doing and saying such funny things lately.  I want to make sure I blog them so I remember.  

She is still super attached to Mike.  The other night I went to put her to bed.  Mike was busy doing school work or something and she really wanted him instead of me.  I told her, "Daddy is busy.  I have to put you to bed tonight."  She said, "Daddy not busy.  You busy."  When he gets home from school her face just lights up and she runs to him yelling, "Daddy, you home!"
 Piper always wants me to brush her hair lately.  She still doesn't always keep bows in and she always wants any hair things taken out of her hair at nap time or bed time.  She is really set on being a princess and wants to choose out whatever clothes she thinks will make her look like one.  I tell her that it doesn't matter what she wears because she will always be a princess and clothes or accessories won't change that.  She really likes the word "beautiful" lately.  She will say, "Oh, that's just so beautiful."

 Piper has picked up a growl and an exasperated sigh when she is not getting what she wants.  I hear her growl at me frequently.  She was coloring in the van the other day and when I turned the corner her coloring book shifted and she sighed loudly and said, "I messed up!  You make me mess up!"  She also has been saying, "You not say 'no' to me.  You say yes" and if she is asking for something she knows I will say 'no' to she will add on, "tomorrow?" until I finally say yes.
This week I helped a friend clean the new rental her family is moving into.  I took Piper and she was very helpful and followed us all around.  She went to my friend and said, "Come here.  I show you something."  She walked my friend to the garage and opened the door and pointed into the dark garage.  She said in a mysterious voice, "Aliens!"  then she added, "but they not real."  
 Piper is so loving and she will often stroke my face or just cuddle and rest her head on my shoulder.  She wraps her arms around my neck so tightly and tells me, "You my favorite."
Piper also has gone potty in the toilet three times.  I am not doing any kind of potty training with her yet she just will ask to sit on the potty from time to time.  One time she actually went poop.  The two other times she went pee and she giggled and giggled when she went.  This last time she was supposed to be napping but instead she just kept yelling for me.  Finally I went in to see what she needed and she was standing in her bed diaperless.  She said she wanted to go potty so I sat her on the potty and sure enough, she went!  I am not pushing her and I don't even ask her if she needs to go but she is making progress on her own and I just assume she will start going more and more.

She just continues to grow.  Part of me just wants to keep her just as she is.  I think I said something similar in my post about Eli having a birthday.  I guess I just really love the kids as they are right now and I just want to soak in every part of their growing.

Comments

Popular Posts