Time to update

Our last post was about all the sickness we've had. This post will not be about all the sickness we've had but I will say that we are still sick!  Will has the flu and an earache, Mike has some sinus junk and a fever, and Isaac is home from school for a second day with a nasty cough and sinus issues as well.  I have big, itchy welts all over my body from something I'm allergic to.  It's been four days of itching.  My feet are swollen as well as my hands and the welts are pretty much everywhere.  I have a referral to see a doctor next week but I'm hoping the welts go away sooner!  I have no clue what is causing them.

Piper has been such a fun little girl lately.  I've been trying to spend more quality time with her so on Tuesdays and Thursdays we go somewhere together.  This week we went on an adventure to find the library.  She loved it--anything with books makes her happy!  We also went to Toys-R-Us.  The one near our house is going out of business and everything was on sale for 60% off.  I don't generally buy the kids toys unless it is a birthday or Christmas but I figured a sale that big was worth checking out so we went and Piper and I had a fun time choosing toys for everyone.  They are mostly hidden in a closet ready to be pulled out when I decide to distribute them.  Piper loved it.  She had about three toys in her arms at all times.  Her favorite is a huge Minnie Mouse.  Minnie Mouse is her favorite character right now.  Piper is so loving lately.  She gives so many hugs and kisses and is always saying, "I love you."  It is so sweet.  She is super attached to Mike still.  When I put her to bed she says, "Where my dad?  I need my dad."  When I ask her what song she wants me to sing her she says, "Best friend.  He my best friend."  Interpreted, that means she wants me to sing, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home."  She loves her daddy.  She is pretty adorable.  She won't keep clothes on.  She wants to wear PJ's all day or nothing at all.  Also, she is starting to show signs of recognizing when she needs to go potty.  She will tell me as she is filling her diaper that she needs to go to the toilet.  It's a start.  She will only nap about twice a week now and that is super annoying.  She stays in her bed making all kinds of noise and yelling, "Mommy!  Come get me out!"
She told them all to dance and then made her bear play the piano for them



The older two boys are working hard on finishing up their scout goals.  Will is almost done.  He will be going into Webelos in March.  Their basketball is going well.  Isaac hasn't lost a game.  He's pretty impressive (he is standing over my shoulder and told me to write that).  Will's team has only won one game.  His coach is pretty horrible and he has some pretty spoiled kids on his team that throw tantrums every game.  I don't think we've been to a game yet where one of the older kids hasn't thrown a tantrum right on the court.  It's ridiculous.

Eli is doing great.  He got to dress up like an old man today for the 100th day of school.  He had lots of ideas about how to dress up.  It was pretty cute.  His brothers are sick and stayed home from school two days in a row.  Yesterday it was just me and Mike and Eli at the breakfast table and I think he enjoyed that one on one time.  Then after school he went with me to pick up Mike's medicine from the pharmacy and later Mike took him on a Daddy/Son date and he chose to go to Sonic.  He is liking all the attention, I think.  His reading is getting much better and he is doing really well in school.  Yesterday the guidance counselor came to his class and they talked about filling buckets.  He told me he filled three people's buckets up yesterday and I realized they were talking about filling emotional buckets.  It was pretty cute to hear him talk about how he was being so nice to all his friends so they could have full buckets.

Hopefully our next post will not start out about us being sick still!





Comments

Popular Posts