Cows, unicorns, Halloween things

Today has been an exhausting day.  I haven't even showered yet and it's already 10:30 at night.  It wasn't from a lack of desire to shower, I just haven't had the time!  Honestly, I don't think anyone cares too much about all the things that have needed to get done today.  I will say that Mike helped prepare the garage for the machine that should be coming in a week or two for our business.  I'm getting excited and nervous about it.  

This week Mike and I drove out to pick up some meat.  Our last order of beef was a 1/4 a cow and it took us over a year to finish.  We were actually trying hard to eat it all up before we moved.  We just don't eat a lot of red meat.  We all like it, we just don't usually eat it.  Anyway, we bought some more grass-fed, corn-finished beef.  This beef is much tastier than the grass-fed beef we bought last time.  The corn-finished part makes the beef less "beefy."  And now that I've written all that, I doubt anyone is interested in that either.  
Anyway.

The drive was so pretty.  We live in the country.  Well, in a sub-division in the country.  And we have a Target and a Walmart about ten minutes away.  But pretty much, we live in the country.  I guess you could call us a country-suburbs...we aren't quite country and aren't really suburban either.  I don't know what we are....

But the meat was all out in the country.  It was so pretty.  I'm glad I took my camera.  I had visions of living here on this hill in the country.  Only, in my perfect life I would not have to hassle with the bugs or humidity and I'd have a gas station, grocery store, and church building right down the street.

Also, we are a really strange family.  I saw this unicorn mask online when looking for Halloween decorations.  I debated for weeks about buying it.  It is so weird!  And so funny!

We have laughed all week because of it.  Mike's family showed him this bizarre youtube clip of a unicorn named Charlie and ever since then we have thought that our unicorn should be named Charlie.  Charlie has a twin, also named Charlie, who is visiting the bishop's family right now.  Charlie also has a facebook page where we post pictures of Charlie doing things with our family.  Hopefully the bishop's family will share the laughter by passing Charlie's twin, Charlie, on to another family in the ward, who will also post pictures of him doing things with them.

Here Charlie is trying on Will's costume--Banishing dark fairies since 2005!
Charlie plays basketball
and jumps on the trampoline
tries out Mike's cheese
and scares Piper.
And finally, we have been having fun doing fall activities.  Today our neighborhood had a trunk-or-treat and chili cook-off with games.  The kids had a good time.
Yesterday we went to a fun pumpkin patch with some friends!  It really was a great farm and the kids had so much fun.  We didn't go last year (and I don't think we went the year before either) so it was fun to go again.










We really enjoyed going with new friends (who all have lots of boys!).  The boys liked every part of the night and especially liked going through the maze.

These two red-heads are friends--just a few weeks apart.  They try to boss each other around and yell and scream at each other and take each other's things but they also like one another.  Hallie is more friendly than Piper...Piper just kind of looks at her and screams when she gets her things taken away.  
Like here, Hallie took Piper's sippy cup and Piper threw a fit.
I'm going to bed now.

Comments

Popular Posts