Some pictures before we moved

The last few weeks have been busy and sad for us.  We made sure to try and see all our friends before we left.  I have a lot of pictures on the other computer so I'll post those when we move into our house.  But here are a few:

Eli and Carly have been such good friends.  Carly lives up the road from us and was in Eli's church class as well as in preschool too.  We love Carly and her entire family.  

Eli and Carly have played for so many hours and get along so well.  Carly's mom and I joked that this picture would be funny if they end up getting married.  I fully intend to keep in contact with the Tuslers so we will see if Carly and Eli continue to be friends forever.

 These are typical moving pictures.  What else do you eat when your kitchen is packed up and you can't cook?  Donuts of course.
 Our friends the Van Den Berghe's came to have some FHE treats with us on the first day our stuff got packed up.  Naomi and Will were also in a church class together as well as in the same class at school.  Bre is one of my closest friends in the ward.  (She is the one that painted that amazing picture for our family).  Bre has taught me so much and is such an example to me of charity, devotion, and kindness.  We became friends when we found out both of our kids liked bones.  Then we found we had so much in common ourselves and we became fast friends.  She taught me how to swim and make spring rolls.  I love Bre!
 Piper kind of fell apart the last few weeks.  I am sure she is tired and confused.  On Tuesday I took her and the boys to the fountains by the theater so that I could get her out of the house and maybe distract her from whining.  It didn't really work but at least the boys had fun.  They have been wanting a picture with the golden Humpty Dumpty every time we are at the theater so I finally got one.
 On Wednesday the moving truck came.  It was depressing and I started crying when they took our couches.  I think once we didn't have anything to sit on it officially sunk in.  I know it's silly but having my couches gone really made me sad.
 Later that night we met some friends for ice cream at Ruzitos.  The kids love the huge cones they can get there.  Eli was in a kindergarten class with two kids from church--Jackson, his best friend, and Lauren.  She is the cute little girl in the front looking behind her.  Lauren's sister Katie is also Isaac's age and Brad, to the left of Eli in the picture, is one of Isaac's best friends (also Jack's brother).
 Will's best friend Braedyn came as well.

Eli and Jack
 Our friends the Johnson's came too!  They are moving into our house.
 We also got to see Jane Tuttle and her kids.

I somehow failed to get pictures of Amy Newby and her kids as well as Conner Holtz and his parents.  We packed that ice cream shop!

 Carly's dad Dave is a good friend of Mike's.  The Tusler's are moving to Vegas soon and I'd be really sad if we hadn't just moved ourselves.
Thursday was a horrible day.  I cried throughout the day.  Second worse 24th of July ever.  It is difficult for me to think about how horrible that day is for me and the fact that a large portion of my family and friends celebrate that day--go to parades, get work off, watch fireworks, have BBQ's.  I don't expect or want anyone to change that, it is just weird to think how I hide away and cry on the same day everyone else is laughing and chatting and being happy.  Add to that, that we were moving the next day and leaving our loved house and friends and it pretty much just sucked.

At one point I just decided we all needed to eat the ice cream cake to make us all happier.  This move has really showed me how much of an emotional eater I am and it has been quite an eye-opener.  Anyway, our neighbor asked Isaac what cake he liked when he discovered Isaac was having a birthday.  He brought us over and ice cream cake and since we had no other food in our freezer and I was sad and depressed we all sat on our floor and finished off the cake.

empty house

Thursday evening we ate dinner at our other best friends (we have a lot of best friends in Colorado Springs!) the Hinkson's.  They prepared a delicious kid/adult friendly dinner and the kids all played and had fun after a stressful day.  I had to get a picture of them with their friends.
I have more to write and more pictures to post.  It's been a few days of driving and today we get to Tennessee.  I am kind of dreading this last day of driving because that means we are there and not coming back.  I just want to delay the inevitable.  We decided to take four days to get here so we could spend some time with my sister and also, as sad as it sounds, we don't have anyone or anything waiting for us in Tennessee so why rush?  We can't get into our house for ten more days so we are just going to spend time together as a family in a vacation rental.  I'll post more pictures when we get to the rental and have some time to think and relax.

Comments

Popular Posts