Field Day

 Eli had field day at school today.  He was so excited.  He's come with me when his brothers had field day each year and now it was finally his turn!  He has such a great time.  I'm so blessed to be able to attend these special days with the boys.  There are so many other things I could be doing with my time but these are important to the boys so I try my best to be there if I can.  They know that I can't come to all their special days and parties but as long as I try to make some/most of them, it is ok.  The end of the year is always hard for me because they all three have so many special days (class parties, field day, awards assemblies) and I just can't make all of them.  This year the other two boys have field day on Monday and I am flying to Tennessee to find a house so I will miss theirs.  Also, I am missing Eli's kindergarten graduation, an awards assembly where Will gets his ARC award and Isaac gets honored for being on the honor roll all year.  I am missing a lot.  But thankfully, Mike will be here to take pictures and make our presence known.  I'm glad he can cover for me.




 Eli has had such a wonderful year in kindergarten.  He was blessed to have the same, amazing teacher Isaac had and two close friends in his class.  I did a carpool with his friend's mom's and he loved getting to drive home with them every day.  Poor Lauren was always so patient with the crazies of Jackson and Elijah.  They'd yell, "I'm gonna eat your brains!  Eat your brains!"  and she would just sit there all calm and smile at them.  I'd say, "Lauren, how do you put up with them all day?" and she'd sigh and say, "Oh, I just ignore them" making Eli yell, "Eat your brains" even louder.

 I'm not even going to write about my feelings about Eli going to school all year next year.  There will be a lot of tears when my happy, helpful Eli leaves me all day.  He just love him.  I want to squish his freckly face and the best part is that he would pretend to hate it but would keep coming back for me.  He loves me.  And how could I not love him?



Comments

The Duke said…
You definitely captured his fun day!

Popular Posts