Where I confess what a scaredy cat, wimp I've turned into

I've never really been a skittish person.  I went through a stage when I was little where I was afraid of the dark but besides that I've never really been someone that gets scared easily.  Mike's had to leave for work a few times (mostly in Oklahoma) and I've never liked him being away but that is usually because his absence makes extra work for me and because I like having him around.  Being scared to be alone in my house has never really been an issue for me.  

Well, Mike is gone for the next few days.  It's the first time since Laila passed away that he's been gone all night.  Honestly, I've had enough frightening experiences happen to me in the last six months to last a lifetime.  They are experiences that I don't feel appropriate to talk about on here but just know that they have been frightening and real and are not irrational.   

So, now Mike is gone and evening is coming and I have to face my fears and hope all is well.  Probably it will be.  I asked him if he could just tell his boss that his wife is a bit of a psycho path right now and needs him home.  Apparently everyone thinks a few cadets on probation that can make a few hoops are more important than a scaredy cat wife.  

I obviously disagree.  

I ought to just re-name my blog "Tales of the Fearful Woman" or something with all my new acquired fears.  


Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I've always been a scaredy cat and I'm sorry to have to welcome you to the club! Hopefully those girls learn something and the trip goes by quickly! -Jen
Frances said…
Just stay up so late that you're exhausted and you fall right asleep without even thinking about being scared. That's just what I do. I'm kind of a scaredy cat when Brook is away too. :)
I did not know he was gone. I am sorry. If you need someone to call in the middle of the night - I'm your girl. I HATE being alone at night.
chelsey said…
I know just what you mean. And we're in the same boat this week. Brent left this morning and will be back fri. I find I usually end up staying up much later than I would if he were home, I sleep on his side of the bed, and sometimes even leave the tv on just for the noise! I never sleep well when he's gone. So, if you're up at 2am unable to sleep. I will most likely be up too. Call me and we'll chat!
Marcy said…
I was never "scared" as a single mom, but I did have dreams and horrible thoughts about my divorce, sometimes in the night and early morning. I kept my favorite "comfort scriptures" on my nightstand to read if I woke up and needed some comfort. After reading those and praying, I was able to go back to sleep.

I hope similar actions help you too!
I am always a scaredy cat when Seth leaves me alone at night, although I am probably scared of different things than you are. I hope your time alone passes quickly and easily.
Jess and Jason said…
You should just come here and stay with me!!
The Duke said…
This is when I would invite all my kiddos to come climb in bed with me and keep me company.

Popular Posts