Two of the three

Will came home the other day with a ribbon and a certificate and two coupons for restaurants. He was selected as Student of the Month. He was so happy! He said that he was chosen for his patience. I have to say, if Will were going to be noticed for something I wouldn't want it to be his brains or his looks or something like that (would they really choose a Student of the Month for their look?!), I'd want him to be noticed for his his kindness or his patience. I'm glad Mrs. Eagan notices this great quality in Will just as we do.

Will is still not loving school but he has made a good friend and he is doing very well as far as school work goes. He doesn't feel like he is learning a whole lot he doesn't already know and I think that makes him pretty bored. He gets pretty jealous of Isaac and the fun Isaac is having in preschool. Isaac just learned about science in preschool and Will said, "Oh man! I never get to do science in school. I want to go to Isaac's school."

Speaking of Isaac and preschool--he is really doing well. There are eight kids in his preschool. It's twice a week and then every other Friday is a field trip. We have a theme for each week and then a letter, color and number to focus on. So far they have learned about school, families, and science. Isaac is loving it. It's really good for him to have something that is just his and for him to have his own friends, apart from Will. He especially loved this past week where he got to do science experiments both days.


Here are some of the kids singing during circle time.

Well, I'm off to watch conference. It's going to be a great weekend!

Comments

Michelle said…
Patience. What a great thing to have. I definately don't have enough of that. So glad he was recognized for something like that. Very thoughful of the teacher. Sorry to hear he doesn't like school.
Saimi said…
Congratulations to Will for his patience award! I wonder if there are some things his teacher can give him to keep him more challenged maybe then, he would like school better.
Jess and Jen said…
It's funny that Eli is wearing a backpack. I can tell that he is glad to be included in the fun. -Jess
The Duke said…
I thought the same thing as Jess - I noticed the backpack on Eli. So funny and cute.
It looks like Isaac is really enjoying this special time with friends. I hope you are happy now with the decision to do this for him.
The Duke said…
Of course, congratulations to Will. I didn't mean to leave him out. That's so great. He makes me smile.

Popular Posts