Mother's Day





Mother's Day was wonderful at out house. Will wasn't able to get me real flowers for my birthday and he was very disappointed but then we reminded him that it has pretty much become tradition to get me flowers to plot for Mother's Day. We all went to the store on Saturday and the boys helped me pick some flowers. As we were about to leave Mike told me he decided that we ought to buy a carpet cleaner so we wouldn't have to borrow one anymore. Score! He then told me I had been very expensive for our family this year and I reminded him that I hadn't asked for any of the gifts he gave me--but I'm very appreciative.

Mike canceled choir Sunday morning so he was home and made me breakfast in bed and helped get the boys ready for church. After church we had some friends join us for homemade pizza and we just had a great time.

It was a nice day.

In light of my cousin passing away I have felt an extra dose of appreciation for my children and for eternal families. This job of mothering is not easy but I am so grateful to be a woman and be a mother.

I feel deep gratitude for my mother who taught me the gospel and taught me to be a good person. I am also thankful for Mikey's mother who gave him life and then let go of him so he could be mine (of course she will never really let him go--mothers never let go of their children).

Comments

Saimi said…
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Breakfast in bed is always a good way to start the day!
Yea for a good mother's day!
Sorry about your cousin. And you're right, I don't think we'll ever really let them go. =)

Popular Posts