A good evening

Tonight was a good night. We had dinner and then the boys decided they wanted to ride their bikes. Will has been learning to ride his bike without training wheels. He is very competitive and when he heard his good friend from church already knew how to ride his bike without training wheels, he had to learn too. This boy's mom is a friend of mine and she told me that to teach her son they took the pedals off and had him walk around with his bike to learn how to balance. Then, when he got that down, they put the pedals back on and he could ride. She said it took him a few days to learn. I told Mike about it and we tried it for about three days. Tonight, Will was doing such a good job that we put the pedals back on and what do you know, he was off riding!





While the boys rode their bikes I decided I might as well be doing something useful and mowed the lawn with my trusty ankle weights. When that was done I decided I needed to go running because it was just about the first break in the rain we've had in awhile and it's supposed to start raining again later this week. One of my goals this year is to run 100 miles and I still had 89 to go (86.5 after tonight).



I used to be a runner. I wasn't ever a good runner but I ran cross country and track in high school. I decided to take up running again and am really enjoying it. Because it's been such a long time since I've run, I started out pretty slow but today I was able to run two miles in 16 minutes, which I'm very happy about. It probably took me 5 more minutes to run the next half mile though, so I still need some work.



I got home just in time to see Will successfully ride his bike and Mike blowing bubbles for the boys. We went inside to read scriptures and get pj's on. Then Mike said, as he always does, "It's time to pray," at which point I just couldn't hold it back any longer and busted out singing this song. And then of course, we had to listen to it and dance. Everyone thought I lost my marbles but I know they secretly loved it. I'm happy to announce that I'm just as good at dancing the Running Man and Roger Rabbit as I was when I took dance eons ago.



I just might make us listen to it every night from now on...



The boys are all peacefully sleeping, I've showered, read my scriptures, and written this post. Now I get to go spend time with my hubby. I couldn't ask for a better night.


Comments

blondeviolin said…
I've heard awesome things about doing the balance bike deal! My brother had something like that and was riding a regular bike at 2.5 because he knew how to balance.

Go Will! I can't believe he's so big! When I first met him, he was like 10 mos or something. Crazy!
Jess and Jen said…
Way to go Will! That's a big accomplishment! -Jen
Dave and Tana said…
Fun night. I love when it finally gets warm enough to enjoy the evnings outside.
gillian said…
hahahahahah you are funny

Kevin loved that song!
I think you may have inspired me to take up running again!
Saimi said…
I love that you have three boys, they remind me of my brew when they were little.

Good going Will! Congratulaions!!
Good job Will!!! I am so glad you had such a good evening. Congratulations on the run!
JC Choate said…
Oh my gosh- Jason sings that song too! :) you guys are tooooo funny!
Marcy said…
Love great days like that. I'm very impressed with your running skills!

Popular Posts