Mike had a birthday

It was Mike's birthday yesterday. He got a Glen Beck book. I bought the book back in November or December with some other books for him and hid it in a closet so I could give it to him for his birthday. It's a good thing too because when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said all he wanted for his birthday was to give presents to the boys. On Sunday after church he opened the presents and distributed them to the boys. After nap time we loaded the boys in the car and drove to my sister's house for a delicious dinner and cake. Since he didn't want any presents I decided to make him a Camaro for his cake because it is his dream car.

Some how this blob of cake became this. Don't ask how because it was a pain and I almost gave up a few times.











Comments

The Duke said…
And he didn't think you could make a Camero!! Hah! You did and it's cool!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!! We planned to call you yesterday but we weren't sure when your church was, ours was early and then we went up to Jess & Jen's. By the time we got home, it was probably too late to call you.
It looks like you had a good time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!! Hope you got all the car you can handle (PS. nice job on that one Adrianne).
chelsey said…
I love how excited Mike looks to get the boy's bike helmets! They are gonna love your bday as much as their own!

Thanks for coming down ~ minus the butt shot you got of me!
Jacey said…
That cake is amazing!!!!! Wish you lived closer so you could make my cakes :)
Anonymous said…
Great job on the cake! That's awesome. I finished the puzzle. If you know of anyone localy that would like to try it, they can borrow mine. I did it in a little under 8 hrs. I can understand why the puzzle was frustrating, the pieces don't have a firm fit for one thing. Anyway, I'm glad that Mike had a nice Birthday and again, great job on the cake! ~ Angela Orme
Team Clark said…
Happy Birthday, Mike! We wish we could celebrate it with you.
And wow - INCREDIBLE cake, Adrianne. You're amazing.
Nolo and Lauren said…
Happy birthday!!! Awesome job on the cake.
Marcy said…
Very awesome cake!
Pitcher Family said…
Awesome cake!! Sounds like you had a great birthday! We love you!
Cali said…
That cake is awesome! Makes me want a bite! Happy birthday to Mike--sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Jess and Jason said…
That cake is incredible!!
Amy E said…
Good job! That looked great!!!
I just found your blog, hope you don't mind. What an awesome cake!!
Thanks everybody! I haven't made a cake for a week and I am already thinking about the cake I should make next.

Bekah, I'm glad you found out blog!
Jess and Jason said…
I just wanted to let you know that Jason recognized that your car cake was a Camaro without even reading the post. He then proceded to make me look at all the pictures and show me how he knew it was a Camaro..all in all, we are VERY impressed with your car/cake making skills.
Jessie, that is very flattering that Jason could tell what it was!

Popular Posts