And the winner is.........

The 2010 Ultimate Jigsaw Puzzle Competition has come to a close! We want to thank everyone that joined in on the fun. Wasn't it fun!! Ok, we had 14 people sign up. Of those 14 people we only know of 11 that finished. Of those 11 people that finished, five people posted pictures of their puzzle, and 6 people recorded their ending time. A few of you told us your time without publishing it so we kind of have an idea of how most of you did. Here are the results. If you haven't told us your time, just post a comment.

8 hours (Angela Orme)
11 hours 9 min (Bentleys)
15 hours (Jess and Jen)
15 hours 45 min (crowls)
18 hours (Grandma Richards)
18 hours 15 min (Brent and Chelsey)
Monica and Carrie (around 20 hours?)
20 hours 12 min (us)
Mike and Mandy (around 20 hours?)
30 hours (Ralph and Laura)
Lance and Nancy
Dave and Tana
Gillian and Kevin
Jason and Michelle

As you can see, two people killed the contest--the Bentley's and the Ormes. The Ormes were definitely the winners though. I think 8 hours is pretty unbelievable! Way to go Ormes. Angela Ormes is living it up in Hawaii for the next week or we would post a picture of her receiving her prize. They won a gift certificate to any restaurant of their choice for the value of $25!

Did everyone enjoy the contest? Should we do it again? Should we have different categories? The next time, if you all want to do it again, we will have the losers chose the puzzle.

Comments

blondeviolin said…
We didn't get to participate this time because we were too busy. If you were to do it again I think we'd join in. What fun!
LanceandNance said…
I would say 'unbelievable' is right... because I have a hard time believing it. I'm jus' sayin'...

Word.
Michelle said…
Our time was around 9 and a half hours. We didn't keep good track near the end, so we don't deserve to win, but we did pretty well I think.
Michelle, that is awesome. I'm not sure how you guys can be so fast. It took us forever. This was my second puzzle. I have helped put a few pieces in two different puzzles at my mother-in-laws house but this was really only our second puzzle and we did really bad. Good job!

Lance and Nancy, how fast did you guys do it? You were done first before everyone.

Cherstin, we can't wait to have you join us next time.
Anonymous said…
My time was actually 8 hrs and 50 min. That, I think, makes a difference. But anyway, it was a lot of fun. I'd never timed myself before, I just know that I love puzzles and have been doing them for years, either with my family or by myself. Thanks for the fun! ~ Angela Orme

Popular Posts