I heard laughing coming from the boys room the other day and I went to see what was going on. This is what I found:







Thankfully, Eli was not in the room with them. He is fearless and I am positive had he seen them flying through the air he would have thought it was the perfect game for an 18 month old to play. No one broke any bones and they were disappointed when I told them their game was probably a little too dangerous to play. "But we didn't kill all the bad-guys yet!"

Mike said we need to have a girl the next time around. I have been reading Queen Bees and Wannabes lately and while boys and their acts of bravery (stupidity) might be trying now, I certainly don't want to deal with girls and royal dramas in the teenage years.
*I'm sure I'd be happy with either a home full of boys or girls.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Ah yes, girls. They don't really do those kinds of things. Part of me is VERY glad and part of me is a little jealous that you get to witness these kinds of things with your kids. Nice pictures! -Jester
Oh my gosh that totally took my breath away. Just the kind of game my son would play IF we had a bunk bed- we don't for just that reason.
Girls are fun....really. Okay, mine isn't even 4 yet but today with her jewlery, princess nightgown and a bow in her hair, carrying her wand she donned herself Princess Emma and I got to be Queen Mommy- love being a queen and watching "dance shows."
Jess, I say I don't want a girl, and part of me believes that but another part of me recognizes what a sweet influence girls have on a family. I'm sure I would love a girl too. But, yes, you should be jealous. It is really fun and a little scary to see this sort of behavior.

Brooke, that's so funny about playing princess. My boys asked me to play with them the other day and this was how the game went. I was the princess and would sit in their room and then I'd say I heard a dragon and they would bravely run to the living room and fight the dragon and then run back and tell me I was saved. It went on and on.
Papa Doc said…
I love all of you kids and grandkids. What fun life has been and continues to be. I am sure glad that such a wonderful thing as these blogs exist that lets me see at least something.

I am reminded of a story my mother told me of the shed and wanting to jump off and fly like superman.

Girls and boys are wonderful. It takes both kinds and it matters little that they are in every family. You and Jess both know that well. Time will change things if it wants and you want. I am just overjoyed at seeing the antics of you all.

Dad Clark
Nolo and Lauren said…
othing else... be thankful you have kids that have an imagination. too many kids have lost that ability.
Jess and Jason said…
Layla was so hard from age one until age five, but now she is so awesome! I hope you get a girl next time. They are definitely worth the work!

Popular Posts