Good bye faithful car

Phew, we are back! We are back from Myrtle Beach and today we are going to Dayton to find a hotel for the next eight days. The boys will be sad to leave their cousin Jake and Diamond will be sad to leave his new best doggie friend, Chester.

Our trip was wonderful. We took some pictures but our camera cord is packed and we won't get our shipment for awhile still so no pictures now but we will download them later.

Today we are going to start looking for a place to live and a new car...

The story about our car:

When Mike drove to OTS in 2005 he totalled our car that we spent all our savings on. We only had the car a few months. While in Maryland (while he was still in Alabama) we were given a car by a lady that worked with my father-in-law. She bought a new car and was just giving her old one away. So we took the car off her hands. It was a 1992 red Toyota Corolla. It was a great little car. We knew it was going to need to be replaced sooner or later but since we are losing $3,000 on our house we were hoping we wouldn't have to replace it quite yet. The little car drove from Maryland to Alabama (where we picked up Mike) then to Oklahoma. It made multiple trips to Missouri and another trip to Alabama. It got us to Ohio and to Myrtle Beach. On our drive back to Ohio we were crossing the bridge into Cinncinati when our little car gave out. We were 30 minutes to home! Amazingly enough we were right at an exit and were able to drive to the stop sign before it completely gave out. We pushed it through the intersection, parked it, called a tow truck and my sister. We just cleaned the car out and waited for Chelsey to pick us up while we watched the car smoke from both ends.

When the tow truck driver came he asked where we wanted it towed and Mike said, "Take it to a junk yard." The truck driver asked if he could have it and Mike agreed. We were saved $50 for the tow truck and he got a car that was dead.

So, we need a new car. And we don't exactly have extra money lying around for one. But we are so thankful that our car got us where we needed to be! What a blessing. We were so lucky to be only thirty minutes from home and at an exit. Anyway, it was a funny little welcome home from our wonderful trip. Back to real life.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Hold on, so the fact that you're losing $3000 on your house must mean that you sold your house? I didn't know that. Better to have sold and lost than to never have loved at all. Wait a minute, I'm mixing thoughts there. Never mind. -Jess
Lokodi said…
I'm sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad it didn't break down on you somehwere in the middle of nowhere though. We will need to buy another car too so I feel your pain. I'm glad you made it home safely though. Thanks for coming for a visit. I had a wonderful time.

Lindsey
Amy E said…
What a blessing to have it take you SO close to your destination before it died. I'm sure that was not a coincidence. And so nice that you didn't have to pay for the tow! Double blessings. I'm sure another will come to you and you will find a car for your family. I'm glad you're home safe from your NC trip. Good luck with everything!
I'm glad your car broke on your way home from your trip instead of on your way TO your trip. I hope you find a house and car soon (expensive week!) By the way- I just made my blog private. Send me your email address so I can invite you to read. I am greenstreet21 (at) msn (dot) com
Jess and Jason said…
I am glad that you got to have your trip before the car gave out! You are so lucky!

Popular Posts