Because I haven't complained enough already....

Moving sucks.

I want to know why people co-sleep. We are walking zombies. Last night Isaac fell off the bed and hit his head on the corner of the night stand. The poor kid. I felt terrible for him. I immediately scooped him up and put him in bed with us. He cried. And cried. And cried. He kept saying, "I want to go home." An hour later we put him back in his bed, but not without a lot of protesting.

Everyone is sick. Eli is hacking his brains off. Will is deaf so can't talk quietly and wakes everyone up the minute he starts talking. We are waking up with someone every hour of the night. We are tired. We are worried we will be kicked out of this hotel because our children won't stop crying and won't stay asleep and won't be quiet.

So I ask again, why do people co-sleep? Do they really enjoy not sleeping? Are their children unique in the fact that they sleep better when they co-sleep? Why do they do it?

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL WE ARE IN A HOUSE AND MY CHILDREN ARE NO LONGER SLEEPING IN THE SAME ROOM AS ME.

Comments

chelsey said…
Bring your family down and sleep here, you goose! You know our house is open as long as you need it. Eli's got a crib waiting, and the boys slept great by themselves in the basement when you were gone. Here's an idea...bring the boys here tonight and you and Mike can go back up to the hotel and enjoy catching up on much needed sleep! It'll be easier for you to begin the moving day process anyway without them around. Trust me, I know.

Seriously,tell the boys they're having a sleepover (my kids will be thrilled too!) and you two get some sleep yourselves. I've got a humidifier and children's tylenol, you know! You're going to be in trouble if you don't take me up on this Adrianne. (I know where you sleep-- or at least are trying to...)
Poor everyone! Sounds miserable. I agree with you- moving sucks and I can't STAND sleeping in the same room as my kids. Whenever Mike is away my mom's always saying "come here." Only, at her house we share a room- and that is NOT fun! I hope it gets better very soon.
Do they not have a temporary living quarters on base? We stayed in the Navy Lodge when we moved here for 2 weeks and it was a little one bedroom apartment. Our kids slept in the bedroom and we slept on the pullout sofa (so we could have the T.V.) It might be worth a check...

No idea why people co-sleep. I can't stand it.
Nolo and Lauren said…
sorry to hear how rough things are... i know it'll be better once you're in your own place
Joe and Liz said…
I'm so sorry you're having such a crappy time! I hope things will start getting better soon and you'll enjoy moving into your new house with no kids in your bedroom!!
Papa Doc said…
Hmmm -- I didn't know what "co-sleeping" meant when I started reading this post. I've never co-slept with any of my kids until last December when I slept in the chair with Ammon on my lap because I thought he was going to die.
I have never allowed any of my kids to sleep with me. Chelsey tried over and over when she was little, but we wouldn't let her. I could never sleep - and the few times we've been in a hotel with the kids, there wasn't much sleeping. I didn't like it either.
I hope you are able to get in that house this week! I'm sorry the boys are sick. We're praying for you ever day.
Mom
Lisa said…
Oh how sad! I hate sleeping in places other than home with my kids. They're always horrible...always. Hang in there, I'm sure things will get better soon!

Popular Posts