We made our traditional pizza dinner on Christmas day.










This is our last Christmas in Oklahoma. It is a little weird not to be around family for Christmas even though it isn't our first Christmas alone. Here are the top four things that made this Christmas a memorable one.

One: The day started out with Isaac throwing a fit, that lasted about 40 minutes, at breakfast because he didn't want to eat. That started everything out on a positive note.

Two: Mike usually ruins the surprises for me--he just gets so excited he can't hold it in. This year, Mike did a great job surprising me and he really spoiled me.

Three: Will ate so much candy that he threw up "chocolate sludge" as Mike calls it.

Four: Finally, Mike made the comment that every where he's lived people have told him, "If you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes and you'll get something else." But Oklahoma is really the only place he has lived (and I have to agree) that that statement is actually true. Last week we had temperatures in the 20's and 30's. On Christmas, and the day following,we enjoyed weather in the 70's. We took advantage of the beautiful weather by going for a walk on Christmas day and playing with their new wagon in the backyard. Today it is back into the 30's. So, we will always remember that our last Christmas in Oklahoma we went for a walk without any jackets!

Comments

JC Choate said…
see- something to always remember OKlahoma by! :) It's gonna be soo weird to not have you guys here- i hope someone nice buys your house so they don't think we're crazy for driving by slowly, looking in the window(from the car of course) and saying, "remember when...."
Jess and Jason said…
Those pictures are great. Sorry about the sludge and the fit, but the rest sounds great!
Papa Doc said…
Well, chocolate sludge is a new term for me. It looks like you had a wonderful day. In some ways it made me a little sad that Christmas with tiny kids is past us now. Enjoy it while they are young.
Mom
Mandi said…
It sounds like a perfect Christmas day. Would it really be Christmas without a genuine tantrum? Ours came when we wouldn't let Jonah play his guitar while Lijey was napping. It's the Spirit of the season. *grin*
Joe and Liz said…
Hi Adrianne!! It's so fun finding old friends through these blogs...I'm so glad you found me! You've got such a cute family. I can't remember what year I saw you last...I think you may have been pregnant with your first baby when we were VT companions. I always thought you were so sweet! Anyways what have you been up to?Is it okay if I add you to my friend list on my blog so I can keep in touch with you guys? Take care...
Calista, I am getting so sad lately thinking about moving. We are really glad that you guys have been such good friends.

Jessie, did you have a good Christmas?

Mom, it is so much fun now that we have kids and now that they understand what is happening.

Mandi, sounds like the tantrums aren't unique. I hope you had a great Christmas.

Liz, of course you can add me to your blogroll. I will add you too if that is ok. Your little girls are so cute! It is amazing to see Abby looking so big. I think it has been almost four years since I've seen you! That is crazy to me. Anyway, I'm so glad I found you.
Team Clark said…
Whoa - 70s? I'm so jealous! What a dream come true.
Looks like you had a fun Christmas. We miss you guys!

Popular Posts