I'll take a filling with that candy cane please

I lost a filling sometime last night or this morning. I ate breakfast and noticed there was a hole in my tooth. I think the culprit might be that candy cane I ate in secret when the boys went to bed. It didn't started to hurt until this morning though so maybe at breakfast. Anyway, it doesn't matter when I lost it, only that I lost it. I showed Mike the tooth and he told me I had a big hole and then asked to see it again. He proceeded to stick his finger in the hole! So nice of him.

Let's pretend I was 130 lbs (I'm not but lets just pretend). Today I got on the scale. I don't weigh myself very often anymore but I decided to see how much damage that candy cane along with all the holiday festivities did. I lost a pound. Now I'm 129 (remember we are pretending). It's so exciting though because if you've ever had a reason to lose weight before you'll understand what I'm talking about. It's different if I were 131 and lost a pound to be 130. There is a big difference between 130 and 129! That means now I'm working on the 120's not the 130's anymore.


It's freezing today, not as cold as it is for my sister-in-law Mandy because it's frigid in North Dakota. Yesterday was 70! Currently it is 18 degrees! It is so typical of Oklahoma. It went from 70 to mid 30's in an hour and a half. Today I had to take the boys grocery shopping. Tomorrow will be just as cold but snowing so I thought I better go today. We got our shopping done pretty quickly except when I got to check out I realized that my wallet was in the car. I had to leave the cart and run with the boys back to the van. Holy freaking mother, it was cold. The boys were crying and I told them to run but they were so cold they just sat there crying, "I can't run. I'm cold." We paid and ran back to the car. Some of you know, but at the commissary the baggers don't get paid. They just get tips. So we got to the car and I was frantically looking for the tip I had set aside for the bagger but couldn't find it. The poor lady was standing in the cold waiting for my tip only to have me tell her that I couldn't find it. Of course, five seconds after she left, I found it. I found some other random bagger and described what she looked like and asked him to give it to her. I made sure to tip her more than normal. Some days I'm surprised I remember to put a shirt on before I leave the house. My memory is really getting worse each passing month.



We hung lights outside this week. We had them on our trees already but decided to hang some on our house too. And here is Mike being a retard.


And finally, to end the post...does anyone know how to get a little boy to stop rocking? Poor little Isaac has this innate need to rock. He wakes us all up from his rocking about two or three times a night. We can handle that but the boy has given himself what the boys call, "bleeding owies." His rocking has torn the skin on his feet and all shoes hurt him and his sheets are red from the blood. I am not sure how to help him. I tell him to stop rocking so his feet won't hurt anymore and he will for a second and then says, "Mommy, can I please rock?" So sad.
That's about it folks.

Comments

Marcy said…
Holy smokes! I can so relate to this "Some days I'm surprised I remember to put a shirt on before I leave the house" but we're only 28! I'm scared for the future.

I went to a storytelling festival this summer and heard a story about a boy that rocked. He would rock so hard that when he was on vacation he rocked across the room in his cot and woke everyone up. I wanted to raise my hand and ask why they didn't just make him sleep on the floor. I had never known that some kids rocked. Ouch; hope you can come up with a solution.
Jess and Jason said…
I don't even know where to start with my comment. You have the most info packed posts ever!!

First of all, congrats on getting into the next weight bracket!!! YEAH!!! I always look at it this way, "Now I will NEVER weigh 140 again!" (using your numbers) That is realistic for me because I go up and down about 5 pounds.

I don't know what to tell you about Isaac except that they say most kids out grow it by the time they are three...how old is he now, that is only a few months right?

I can't wait to read the post about when you do forget to put your shirt on!!
Congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could say I was joinging you...I'm just stuck here. Anyway, about the rocking...I've never heard of it, but it sounds so sad. I would probably have him wear socks to bed, or maybe sleepers with feet so there isn't any friction to make him bleed...ask the doctor and pray he grows out of like they say.
Eek about the filling! I hate that.
JC Choate said…
I like your title. :O)
Papa Doc said…
I don't like to give children medication, but there are some mild ones that calm anxiety down - give me a call and I'll tell you about one very mild one. That may stop the cycle. It's just an idea.
Mom
Amy E said…
Wow, so much new stuff! Yay on the weight loss! That's awesome. I need to really get on it this coming year...that's my goal. My goal for this year was to start walking daily and I'm doing that, but now I need to try to eat better. :) As for the rocking, I don't know. I haven't experienced that. I hope you can figure something out, the poor boy!!
Pitcher Family said…
I haven't commented in a while, but always love to read what's going on in your family. The kids wanted to play outside yesterday... at -12 degrees! Wierdos. I'm glad you got lights up on the house. We love to look at lights. We put up icicles ones this year, I love it! Yeah for the weightloss. I found that I gained 2 pounds over the thanksgiving weekend. Sicko!! But then I lost three the following week... I don't believe the scale anymore.
I have no ideas for little Ikey. Sorry. We are trying to potty train Tyson but he always says he wants to do it "later!"
Cali said…
Sorry that it has been awhile since I have left a comment--I really could write a novel here, but I'll spare you. Congrats on the weight loss--treat yourself to a fun night out with Mike!

I feel so bad for Isaac. I've heard that they outgrow it, but I really don't know. In the mean time, I hope that you can find ways to help to alleviate the painful side-effects of his rocking. Poor guy.

Popular Posts