We painted our dining room on Tuesday. I know that the color isn't very exciting but it looks so much better than the yellow! We really like it. We thought we would paint the living room and hallway the same color. We'll have to see. We have some decorating to do. We are having a hard time deciding on pictures from our photo contest.

This has been an awesome week I tell ya. Here are the cool and not so cool things that happened yesterday.
Cleaning up the poopy accident Isaac had in his underwear was not so cool. Knowing that he is excited and interested in being potty-trained is pretty cool.

Will learned how to write his name a while ago and he is working on writing other letters. He can write T, a backwards S, I, X, A C, O, B, P, L, M, etc. Anyway, it is pretty cool that he can write his name. It is not so cool that he wrote his letters on our bed and pillows. Nor is is cool that he wrote with pen on our TV/computer screen.

The boys wanted hot dogs for lunch yesterday. I gave them both hot dogs, a drink, and grapes. They can eat like three hot dogs at one time. The first thing Will said when he got his hot dogs was, "You didn't put cheese on it." Geez, can a girl win? Not so cool. But hearing Will and Isaac say to me after every meal, "Thank you so much for this food. It is delicious" and "May I be excused please?" well, that is pretty cool.

The boys were playing with their toys in the living room. I asked them to take the bins back to their room and put all the toys back in the bins when they were done. Will refused and I told him he would have to spend all of quite time/nap time in his room if he didn't start cleaning. When I came back into his room he said to me, "We are not cleaning this room." Not so cool for him. He spent quiet time in my room. Having one hour to myself is very cool.

Spending that hour by myself with earplugs in my ears so as not to hear my children screaming is not so cool. Nor is it so cool that Isaac only slept 45 minutes because his brothers can't be quiet. Also not so cool is that that hour by myself cost the aforementioned bed/pillow defacing and my powder eyeshadow all over my bathroom floor and toilet.

Hearing Isaac say, "Shut that mouth!" was not so cool. I wonder where he heard that one from? Oops. It isn't a frequented phrase said in our house, even if it is thought an awful lot. I promise. But, we had a mini-family home evening at the dinner table last night where we told stories about people that made good and bad choices and had the boys guess which ones made the right choices. Will and Isaac guessed right every time, even the time we told the story about the mean mommy that said naughty things to her kids like "shut that mouth!" It was pretty cool when Will asked if he could tell a story and told a story about a mommy bird that went digging for worms for her kids but didn't find any and that was a bad choice! Funny, funny.

It was not so cool that Nija the Ninja only slept 30 minutes the ENTIRE day and spent the rest of the time crying or fussing. But when our overly tired baby went to sleep at 6:15 for the night, that was pretty cool. Also cool was when I got to go to the gym for an hour by myself while Mike put the boys to bed. And then Will told Isaac a bed-time story about Jack and the bean stock with his own little twist that included a dinosaur. I just love these little stories.

It was also pretty cool when Isaac pretended to feed his hungry pterodactyl dinosaur and when Will skipped (he is an awesome skipper) all over the yard and house.

Today is going to be full of ALL COOL THINGS! I am going to take the kids to the mommy/kid area in the gym on base and turn on the TV for the kids (they have cable so it will be a treat for the boys) and strap Eli to me and walk on the treadmill (I'm not sure running with Eli strapped to me will be that effective or easy). I would put him down in the play area but it is looking like he will be attached to me all day long. And I guess that can be thought of as cool because how many times do we get to hold and love our sick, teething, non-sleeping babies ALL DAY LONG?! It is pretty cool that I get to spend today learning patience. And then we are going to the library on base, followed by a very fun date night of grocery shopping with the boys. Think of all the very cool dinners we will get to eat next week once our cupboards are full of food.

Comments

Papa Doc said…
Ok, I like your sarcasm - but it's one way to deal with the uncool day you had yesterday. I liked this blog - and I do like your twist to look at the cool things coming out of rotten events. There is nothing like a child (little or big) that teaches patience!!!
Mom
Amy E said…
I enjoyed this post. You seemed so calm while explaining all the "not cool" things that happened. You're really positive about the day ahead, which is awesome! Good luck with the teething baby.
Marcy said…
You crack me up. Same antics over here. Good to know I'm not alone.
Cali said…
Oh Adrianne, it would be so fun if we lived near each other--your sarcasm and sense of humor crack me up! Though not so fun for you, you paint the picture well for all of us to enjoy the happenings in your home. I hope that your day goes well! Good luck!
Carolina said…
This is what survival's made of. Hang in there! You're alive!
Jess and Jen said…
Sounds like a great day...! Your dining room looks wonderful!
Team Clark said…
The colored looks great! Glad it worked out for you!
And sounds like you've had a pretty eventful day...
chelsey said…
I like the new color. Very nice! How many rooms are you painting?
Jess and Jason said…
Sounds like all kinds of cool things are going on at your house! Just think of how sad it would be if you didn't have the uncool things too! What would you blog about!

Thanks for sharing!
Steff said…
This made me laugh really hard. Awesome!!

Popular Posts