What I hear every single day....

Will: Where is Daddy?
Me: At work.
Will: Why?
Me: Because he goes to work every day.
Will: Why?
Me: So we can have money.
Will: Why?
Me: So we don't starve and so we can have clothes and a house and a car.
Will: Why?
Me: Because otherwise we will die.
Will: When I die will my skeleton walk around outside?
Me: No.
Will: Why?
Me: Your skeleton can only walk if you are alive.
Will: Why?
Me: It needs muscles to move.
Will: Why?
Me: That's just how it works.
Will: Why?
Me: I don't know.
Will: Why?
Me: I don't know everything.
Will: Why?
Me: Will, please stop.

Me: Isaac, leave the dog's water alone and stop dumping it out.
Isaac: Why?
Me: Because it's not nice.
Ike: Why?
Me: Because then he won't have anything to drink and he can get thirsty.
Ike: Why?
Me: He needs to have water to not be thirsty. Stop drinking his water!
Ike: Why?
Me: That is gross.
Ike: Why?
Me: Can you go play with Will?
Ike: Why?

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Those conversations sound familiar (except I'm usually telling them not to drink the bath water). I want them to be curious kids, but I wish I could put a limit on how many times a day they can ask "why"!

Jen
Papa Doc said…
May I just say that I look forward to your blog every day - you capture what all of us have had to endure and it's so dang funny when you are no longer in that place in your life!
Mom
Pitcher Family said…
Why??? I am starting to hate that word!! Braden's new phrase is "I know that!!"
As in:
Why does dad go to work?
So we can have money to live.
I KNOW THAT!!!

Almost as annoying as why, but now the questioning stops sooner.
Jess and Jason said…
That is very cute. We are between the why phase right now. Austin and Layla are out of it and Ryan isn't really into it yet...
Rachel said…
That is so funny (well probably not to you day in and day out)! I heard once that the more questions children ask, the smarter they would be. My little sister Adrienne use to ask "why" to everything so we mean older siblings always told her she only had 20 questions. It really irked her because half of those 20 questions she would ask "why". Then when she reached 20 we'd cut her off at the beginning of every sentence, telling her she'd already had her 20. Then she'd cry. Weren't we nice! We probably stunted her intellectual growth.
Jen, you are in the same boat as I am because you have two kids that ask it at the same time.

Mandy, that would drive me nuts. I'd want to say, "If you knew, why did you ask?"

Jessie, live it up while you can. I'm sure Ryan will start soon!

Rachel, you are mean and so funny!! Poor Adrienne

Popular Posts