I've been scanning all our pictures so that I can organize our back room. I thought you all might find this interesting....

It started out fine. I wasn't the cutest baby by any means but still pretty cute. If Eli were a girl, this is what he would look like.




Then we get to the stage in my life where I was adorable. Really, is there anyone that would disagree?








And then.....something went wrong. I'm not sure what this picture is supposed to be saying to anyone. Maybe, "Stop and take a gander at this delectable piece of eye candy." I'm not exactly sure why my dad (taking the picture) didn't tell me to choose a different pose because I look seriously ridiculous in this picture. Hmmm. Moving right along.

















Here I am at age 14 sporting my I love Ben (?) tattoo. Apparently at 14 I still have a missing tooth. Not terribly surprising since I still had a baby tooth when I was 21.




I did improve a little by 15.

But, don't be fooled....things quickly went downhill again. At 16 I looked like this. Sorry Rachel, I had to post this picture. I'm sure you understand.




And then they got better again (for me and Rachel).


I got braces in college. I met Mike while having my braces. My dentist said when I got them off, "Now you will get all the boys asking you on dates." I told him I was kind of dating someone and he said, "He started dating you while you had on your braces?" What was that supposed to mean?!







While I was dating Mike. He bought these blue babies for me on a date. Nice of him, huh? There aren't a lot of normal pictures of me in college. That might be because I wasn't very mature or normal in college. That's it. Maybe I'll post Mike's journey later. Although, I frequently like to embarrass him and he might get mad.

Comments

Marcy said…
These are fun! I'm relieved you didn't find that picture of us all gussied up--when we looked like hookers. Yes, that was the immature college days. I love the blue pants. Do you still have them?
Carolina said…
I say a revival of the electric blue pants is in order. They're smokin' hot.
Zach and Nikki said…
Wow! Memories- I think I remember you posing with those blue pants. I didn't really seem all that surprising to me that Mike bought you those pants at the time. I'm wondering what he gets you now hmmm...
Dave and Tana said…
I love the third pic with the bows, you look partially down syndrome or something. Awesome!
Marcy, I do have that picture actually but I wanted to post pictures where I was trying to look normal. Better effect you know to see how silly I looked without trying. We do look pretty trashy in those pictures.

Carolina, come on...I know you have some too.

Nikki, Mike buy me something?! Your husband buys you things? I think it was a one-time deal.

David, I'm glad you commented on my blog for the first time. Although, that was an awesome comment. I'll have you know that down syndrome children are ADORABLE! I was stinkin' cute.
Jess and Jason said…
Those were fun pictures! Thanks for the tour. Don't worry we all have the hideous late 8o's early 90's pictures. What were we thinking? What were our mom's thinking letting us look like that!!
Steff said…
Hi, I'm back from the dead. I'm going to shoot you an email later. Just had to say I loved the pics. I have some doozies of myself too but I'm not brave enough to post them. Yeah, the blue pants? Wow Mike. Wow!
I guess I'm getting in trouble for having a good laugh with the rest of ya'll...I look forward to the pictures of me she's going to put up here.

Mike

Hey, Jess, can you read the name on Jennifer Newcomer's arm?

Adrianne
gillian said…
Oh Aids, I miss you dearly! come back! These pictures are funny. I have alot of funny picture with me and my friends too. I dont have hardly any with you though. come home! I miss mike, and you, and the boys. Love ya!
Gillian
You make me laugh so much! That is what I remember from times with you, lots of laughs! Your blog is really fun and entertaining!

Popular Posts