I don't have anything to write about today. I'm not sure why I think I should write a post if I don't have anything interesting to share...

We have had a busy, busy week. Two doctors appointments, playgroup, and fun at the science museum with a nursery friend. The boys also have a party on Saturday. It is a superhero party and they are supposed to dress as their favorite superhero. We have nothing superheroish so I'm going to have to go on a hunt for some.

Isaac and Eli had to get their check-ups. Eli doesn't handle shots as well as the other two boys so he was up a lot and cranky, cranky. Both boys got weighed and such. I am surprised Eli is not bigger than I thought he was. He is 14 lbs 1 oz, which I guess is only the 22%. Everyone comments on how long he is but he is only 25 inches, only 38%. He is the only baby we've had that is 4 1/2 months and wearing 3-6 month clothes. He is crazy, scooting all over the floor.

Isaac is still small--24 lbs and 34 inches. I can understand almost everything he says, which is usually fun. On Sunday he yelled during the passing of the sacrament, "Stinky poop!" I said, "Isaac, stop. We don't say that." He then yelled, "No hurt me!" It was pretty funny and equally as embarrassing. The ironic thing is that they had just watched a movie in Bishopric meeting on abuse. Now they all know I abuse my children.

Will is still obsessed with bones and now he is obsessed with death as well. He says, "I don't want to die and go to Jesus' house." I say, "You aren't going to die." He says, "Yes I will, when I get old." At 2 AM while I was helping him go potty he asked where Mike was. I said, "He's in bed." He started crying and said, "But I don't want him to be dead." I guess I better speak more clearly next time. Poor kid.

Well, I could write more but this post is already terribly uninteresting. Who really cares about percentages and funny kidisms except mommies? Right?

Comments

Amy E said…
What a funny post. How old are your boys? The older two make me think of my girls, almost 5 and almost 3. What is it with kids and all the "poop" talk?? I can't stand how much my girls want to talk about it!!!
Jess and Jen said…
We talked about the abuse video in PEC and our high councilman mentioned that our Stake President wanted each ward to show it during Ward Council, so it looks like I'll be seeing it soon... Then I'll know protocol for the next time you abuse your kids.
Papa Doc said…
This was funny - like so many of your posts. I remember my kids holding their backsides as I drug them out of church in the middle sacrament meeting, screaming their heads off. Oh well - you still have all your butts intact. I agree that it makes you feel like an abusive parent - I probably would be considered one these days because I used to spank all my kids if they needed it. Don't know if that is even allowed in this world today.
The boys are cute - Elijah looks like you did when you were little.
Mom
Jess and Jason said…
You have said before how much Eli looks like you, but that picture is the first one where I can really see it! He has your exact cheeks. He is adorable!

I love hearing all about the boys. It helps me feel like I am getting to know them.

When my brother in law was little he yelled the following phrases in the middle of the Sacrament...Patti was mortified:

when being told to be reverent to make Heavenly Father happy, "HEAVENLY FATHER SCARES ME!!"

when being taken out of sacrament for being naughty, "BISHOP, SAVE ME!!"
Lisa said…
Heidi went through a phase where she was obsessed with death. It was slightly disturbing! It all started when she saw Mufasa die on Lion King...
Jason said…
I don't think children (at least not boys) every out grow the "poop" phase. Actually, most men don't out grow that phase either. The other day, Michelle was mad at me and said something to the effect, "But you don't appreciate the things I do, do." I couldn't help but grin and tease her that she said do do. Although I was amused, she wasn't. It did break the tension of the moment, though.

I actually laughed out loud when I read the "don't hurt me" part. My boys think that one is funny and have used it once or twice just to make me mad - which it does. When they say that, I usually respond, "That sounds like a good idea." All of the sudden it isn't so funny any more. I get the "Oh-crap,-is-he-serious?" deer in the head lights look.

Stay strong. You're doing great.

Popular Posts