An update on Ikie-boy and Mike

I took Isaac into the doctor this morning and one ear is clear and the other is not. The doctor said he has had 7 earaches in 10 months, two of which were double ear infections! I asked about tubes and she referred us to an ENT. I am interested to see what will happen. She also gave us some more Singular in the hopes that it would help with all the congestion he gets, therefore reducing earaches. She said he is also getting three teeth! My poor little boy.

Mike took a language proficiency test this morning. The test is to see how well you can learn languages. He has been learning Chinese for two years now on his own. Recently he has had a feeling that he should try for the Olmstead scholarship (I'm not sure if that's how you spell it). If he gets the scholarship we will be sent to Monterrey California where he will learn Chinese (the language he would prefer to learn) or Norwegian (he already knows). Then they will move him to China or Norway, with his family of course! Crazy. He said the chances are very slim because he is going up against a lot of other people and I think only 10 people in the whole Air Force are accepted, or something crazy like that. He's going to try anyway. He applies within the next month and won't find out until around April. He also applied to AFIT in Ohio for his graduate program and will find out about that in October.

Comments

Carolina said…
Good luck to Mike with his applications--I hope you get the chance to go on an international adventure!
chelsey said…
We're hoping for AFIT! Come to OH! (you know you want to.....;) )
Papa Doc said…
I'm hoping for AFIT, too. China is even further away than Ohio and Oklahoma. I'm not praying against the China thing, though. You will end up where the Lord needs you.
Mom
I haven't checked your blog in a while and so I am a little slow in commenting on this, but both of my girls have tubes in their ears. Emma is on her second set. There were the best things for my girls, it helped make them a lot healthier and the surgery is such a simple precedure, the only down side is that they have to use ear plugs to swim and bathe after that! Hope they will help your little guy,
I really missed seeing you at the reunion! Wish you and nate and Cali and Lisa and Aaron and Scott and Devin could have all been there. Jacey and I went but, we missed the rest of you! I am glad to be out of high school, but we did have some great times!

Popular Posts