My sicko, rotten, I love him more than anything in the world, Iittle man

Isaac was a little sick before we came but nothing bad enough to do anything about. When we got here he started getting more and more sick. Finally, we took him into the doctor in Maryland and discovered that he has a double ear infection again. He is on antibiotics but it hasn't helped much so Mike gave him a blessing and he seems a little better. On Sunday we decided he was too sick to go to Nursery so we all went to church and left him with Mike until Sacrament. I came back to pick them up and found him sound asleep on the floor. Mike said he was so upset that we left him that he screamed until he fell asleep. Notice his little chin...one of the many mishaps of the week for him. Isaac has been so sick that he has been ROTTEN, seriously rotten. He has screamed and cried and thrown himself on the floor a million times a day. My favorite thing this week was when he came in at 7 in the morning and climbed in bed with me and Mike and laid so still and quiet and allowed me to put my arms around him. What an exhausting, wonderful child.
I'm not sure if you can see the tear streaks on his face....

Comments

Papa Doc said…
I am glad you got a picture of him sleeping. In the future, you may need it to prove that it acually happens.

Dad Clark
Papa Doc said…
My heart aches for him and for you. Having a sick child is so difficult - you hurt for them and it's really tough when you are unable to comfort them. I hope you get tubes put in those ears soon -- I think you will find a totally different child if you do. Good luck on the trip back home.
Mom
Jess and Jason said…
He really is such a sweet little man. I am so happy that I have been able to get to know him this week.

I think you should bring up the tubes at his next appointment and then push for it. He is sick way too often.
How old is he?? I am SO with you with my 16 month old....UHG!!! I love love love him but boy is he KILLING me. He has an ENT appt. Monday morning...do discuss those tubes....hopefully they help.
Ali Walston said…
Oh Isaac,..you poor sweet boy. I'm sorry your trip isn't going so well. We miss you guys. Talon's ready to move back to Oklahoma. He completely misses all of you. Get better buddy.
chelsey said…
Like the rest of the posts, I'm so sorry for him and you! It's hard to have a sick child when you want others to see what a wonderful little boy he is too! They're never very happy when they're sick. I hope your trip home goes smoothly. By the way, is OH too out of the way for you??????? ;) We'll keep Ike for you! :))
chelsey said…
Also, I too love those quiet moments when you get to slip your arms around your little one. Even if they're sleeping! Geoff never liked to be cuddled and it's only now that he's 9 that he'll snuggle up and hold my hand or let me hug him! Those quiet times are worth their weight in gold!!
Carolina said…
Is he feeling better now? Having a sick kid is so heart-wrenching.

Popular Posts