Letter to the man in charge of the weather

To whom it may concern:



It is really hot here, as I'm sure you know since you are the one that sent us the hot weather. It is hot, humid, and dry. My vegetable garden as well as my flower garden is dying because I am really too busy to remember to water them. When I do remember to water them the water evaporates in about five minutes (and no, I'm not watering in the middle of the day). Maybe you could give us a day in the mid 90's or maybe you could cool as down at night; 90 degrees at 10 PM is still hot. Anyway, I understand that you are really busy taking care of all the weather in the world and probably get a lot of letters like this. I was thinking though, how about you send some of our heat to our Texan neighbors or my friend in New Zealand; I hear she is tired of her weather.



Signed,



Adrianne



P.S. I am attaching some pictures of my three hoodlums. They are hot.


P.P.S. Don't be surprised if you get another letter the next time we get an ice storm that knocks our power out for almost a week. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Comments

Marcy said…
Great letter--I love it.
Aaron and Lisa said…
Adrianne,
Please don't send your weather to your Texan neighbors. We are hot enough already! We should find out how far away we are from each other. We are about two and a half hours away from Oklahoma. I am glad that you found our blog. Of course you can add us to your blogpage!
Cali said…
Not to rub it in, but you'd probably love it here. The weather has been in the 70's and 80's for the past few weeks and looks like it will stay that way for while. Come and visit!
Cali said…
Oh, and your boys look like they are loving your pool! We really should get one--but we won't since a move is in the near future.
Papa Doc said…
Funny letter. I loved it! It's been hot and awful here for the past two days. I'm glad I wasn't planning to go to the parade in SLC or Spanish Fork. Too hot for me!
We have had a wonderful summer, though. It really hasn't been all that hot. Last summer was a different story - more than 13 days over 100 degrees. It was the hottest summer for Utah ever recorded. So much better this year!
Sorry you guys are so miserable!
Mom
Cali, I am jealous! Oklahoma doesn't really have seasons. It is hot and then cool for a brief minute and then it is freezing. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though because we can have a freezing day and the next day it will be 60 degrees. Such weird weather.

Mom, I saw that you guys were pretty hot yesterday. I don't think it is any hotter this year than last year but the summer before when I was pregnant with Ike was awful! We had thirty days of 100 degrees or above. Miserable. I miss Utah weather.
Jess and Jason said…
You are so cute!!

See, Maryland weather wasn't THAT bad!

Popular Posts