D.C




Mike and I escaped the kids (including the baby!) and spent a day in D.C. We caught a train for the 1 1/2 hour ride to D.C. and spent five hours looking at all the sites. We ended up walking about seven miles and by the end I thought I was going to have heat stroke! It was so hot! We got to see the normal D.C. attractions (white house, Lincoln Memorial, Washinton Memorial, war memorials, capital building, etc.) plus some of the museums and the botanical gardens. The only things we didn't get to see that I really wanted to see was the Natural Science Museum and the Holocaust museum. It was a great day!




Comments

Rachel said…
Too bad we missed each other. I was in DC from June 23-27. What a fun place but extremely hot and humid. Hope you have a great time!
Cali said…
You made it! I'm so glad you got to go to DC--isn't it amazing? And you got a whole day with just Mike, you're so lucky! (Not that I want a whole day with Mike--with Nate!) I'm glad that you had a great trip.
tyalpabr said…
Looks like you guys are having such an awesome vacation!! Miss you guys! Can't wait to hear the rest of the details!
Rachel, were you there visiting Laura? Is she still in D.C.? I think I better email her...

Cali, we did make it. I am hoping next time to just pick a few things to see and spend a lot of time there instead of walking seven miles and only seeing a little of each thing.

Ali, we miss you too! It's too bad that as soon as we get back, you are leaving. We'll see you in a few days.
Jess and Jason said…
I am so glad you got to do that. You need to have days just with your husband to enjoy one another as husband and wife, not just as mom and dad!

Here's to a honey moon someday!!

Popular Posts