What we've been up to





1. I decided to borrow a doll from my friend so the boys could practice pretending to take care of a baby. They are in love with the doll and I'm going to have to yank it out their hands to give it back to the owners. It is fun to see them be so gentle and loving. Hopefully that will transfer to the real thing.

2. March Mustache Madness is finally over, thankfully. I really don't like mustaches. They tickle my nose and really aren't attractive. I can say that without offending Mike because he didn't like it either.

3. We made Monkey Brains on Sunday. It isn't perfected yet but hopefully someday. I think I need to contact my friend Emily McCarthar for her recipe because I remember her's being the best I've ever tasted....what a fun thing to live with a home ec major! Anyway, I really love that Will likes to help cook and it's even better when Mike wants to cook--less cooking for me.

4. I was having a tired day this week. Most days are that way now, but that day in particular was worse because Will was up off and on throughout the night for no clear reason. It's been rainy or cloudy for about a week so I pulled out my secret weapon entertainer--the TV--and we had a picnic in the living room.

Comments

Papa Doc said…
Your kids are so dang cute!! TV works for me - I hope you had a nice little nap on the couch while the boys ate and had a good time.
The monkey brains look really yummy! How do you make them. It looks like a bunch of roll dough covered in cinnamon sugar sauce.
Jess and Jason said…
I am just relieved that March Mustache Madness is over!!
Thanks mom! I think they are cute too.

Ralph/Laura: They are yummy. You just take dough (you can use bread dough, sweet dough like you would use for cinnamon rolls, or pop biscuits), and cut it in little tiny pieces the size of a Walnut. Then you roll it in butter and a sugar mixture. We put a tiny bit of vanilla in our butter and brown sugar and cinnamon in the sugar mixture. Then you drop them in the pan. You are supposed to use a bunt pan but we don't have one. Cover it with tin foil and put in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350.

Jessie, I am glad too. I still think it is funny/crazy that your mom bought him a mustache kit when he was in highschool. What a good, supportive mom.
chelsey said…
Ohhhhhh.... Your family is so cute. We need to visit. :( Jake would love to play with your boys. Jake loves Sarah's baby dolls too. It's funny to see how instinctively gentle he is with the baby. He always says,"shhhh! Baby seeping!"
Pitcher Family said…
We have a baby doll that has passed from child to child. Each has loved it and carried it everywhere. It is currently Tyson's and he loves his baby. The baby and it's stroller sleep with Tyson every night. My kids also love the picnic/tv date. We have one planned for tomorrow night.
Jess and Jen said…
Mike was growin' mustaches in high school? He's more of a man than me. That's the weakest part of my facial hair (when I had it). -Jess (not Jen)
Carolina said…
Those monkey brains do look good. (But I think I'd have to call them something else if I made them--can't handle the image of monkey brains.)
Chelsey, you should come visit. Will and Isaac would love that!

Mandy, I love that the boys love little dolls but I don't think I would feel ok buying them one. If we had a girl then having dolls in our house would be fine but since we don't, they get to play with dolls at nursery and at their friend's house.

Jess, yes. I should show you some pictures of Mike in high school. He was stylin'.

Carolina, some people call them monkey bread but brains look so much more appropriate.

Popular Posts