One week


Eli is just over a week now. It's been a pretty good week. I'm very happy to have Mike home during the week. He can't sit still so he's done project after project. He's also gotten up with the boys every morning so I could sleep. If it weren't for that, I'd be a very tired mommy. Anyway, since he's been home we've gone through all the boy's clothes and put all the clothes they don't wear anymore in storage. It took forever. We didn't finish until 11 at night. So, for grandmas that are thinking of sending us clothes, or anyone else for that matter, we don't need any until Will needs 4T clothes.

Also on our agenda this week was becoming more earth friendly, in honor of Earth Day and Arbor day (isn't that today?). Mike made a compost bin in our backyard. I'm a little nervous about it because he wants me to put our scrap food in a bag each day and put it in the compost pile. I just see visions of rodents and cockroaches invading our house when they realize we have a source of food available to them in our backyard. We also planted our garden. I'm so excited about our garden. We are already getting strawberries and raspberries and our grapes are growing quite nicely. I think I might try making jam for the first time in my life. I'm getting old...making jam seems so grown up to me.

The boys are pretty much toy less right now. Will was throwing a fit about having to play with his toys and wouldn't put them away so we packed them all up and put them in the garage. He could care less. He just sat while Mike put them all in bags and didn't say a thing. Later he said, "Daddy, a giant took all my toys. Talon is going to be so mad." We have let him pick one toy out of the bags and other than that, we will just wait until he asks for them.

The only other thing I can think of to write about is that Isaac has moved to a big boy bed. It was a bit earlier than I wanted but we will need the crib in a few weeks. Right now Eli is sleeping in a cradle in our closet. It's not too bad but I'm excited to not have to hear all his little baby noises. Isaac has done really well with the new bed. Sometimes when I am up feeding the baby I hear "bang, bang, bang." I go into Isaac's room and he's banging his head on the wall. Silly kid. I wonder when he's going to stop rocking. Then in the morning he gets out of bed and bangs the door to let me know he's awake. In a few weeks he is moving into Will's room. I'm VERY nervous about that but I was nervous about him being in a big boy bed too and that's been a pretty smooth transition so hopefully moving to Will's room will be smooth too.

Comments

Marcy said…
Your baby looks really big to me already with his fingers in his mouth! I hate to break it to you, but I've never heard of it being a smooth transition to put two kids together in the same room. You just experiment with how to do it so it works for you. Right now I let Mae fall asleep in her bed and Kate on my bed. They stay up too late when they're together.
Jess and Jen said…
What a cute shirt Eli is wearing :) I'm glad Isaac is doing well in his big bed. Both Leah and Abby were out of the crib and into a toddler bed by 20 months and they always did great. Good luck putting them in the same room.

Jen
Jess and Jason said…
Eli is So cute!!! Everything will work out fine...it always takes time to adjust, but it will be fine!
Papa Doc said…
The baby has grown so much already! He is adorable. We always had kids in the same room so I didn't think about it being an issue at all. It will all work out. They may giggle more, but eventually they go to sleep. I wouldn't have known how to do it any other way.
I'm glad Mike has been able to be home. I would worry about the composte pile, too, because you have so many icky bugs out there.
Pitcher Family said…
Wow, has it been over a week already? That was fast, for me anyway! He's sure a sweet looking boy!!
We moved Tyson out of the crib earlier than planned, but he wouldn't stay in it, so we thought it safer to get him out. Our three kids are in one room together, and yes, they stay up and talk and laugh and bug each other, but you can put them to bed 1/2 an hour earlier and they will still get to sleep on time. They don't usually wake each other up in the night either, but mine are such sound sleepers, it's hard to wake them up.
I'm am envious of your garden! Hopefully we'll get into a house and be able to plant before it's too late. Of course it is still freezing in the mornings here, so the growing season is a bit different than what you have there.
Wow, sorry for the long comment, haven't had much adult conversation today!!
Papa Doc said…
Gee Adrianne. It is about time you did those adult things other than just have babies. Making jam is great but eating it is better.

Goodness, all of you kids were in rooms together. You all turned out fine, or great, actually. Even I slept in the same room as Paul all of my youthful life. My first memory of my brother Jack is when he came home once and slept in my bed with me. There was no where else to sleep.

The baby looks like Ike. That is great, too.

Dad Clark
Steff said…
Eli is sooo cute. What a cute little family you have.

I think putting the kids in the same room is great. It may be hard for a while but I bet it will strengthen their brotherly bond. :) Glad to hear the crib to bed transition went well.

Your garden sounds great. I'm super impressed you are thinking of making jam after just having a baby. Your a better woman than I am. :)

Popular Posts