A lot to talk about






There seems to be a lot going on the last few days, some good, some bad. Here is my list:

1. We made these little music makers for Family Home Evening. The purpose was to teach about music. We had the missionaries over too and it was a hit.

2. Mike got rated at work and got a really good score. He acted like he didn't care but I know he did and I'm really proud of him.

3. Will has been really interested in the moon lately. Tonight was a full moon and when we drove to the church for Wed. activities Will said to me, "Mom, the moon is coming to church with us!" I was confused until I realized he was watching the moon outside and thought it was following us. So cute!

4. I totally love ebay. I just bought a ton of clothes for Will for like dirt cheap. The clothes are nicer than I thought they would be so I don't think he can wear them as play clothes, which just means I get to buy more!!! I was telling Mike that I am really glad there are people willing to pay full price for brand named clothes so that I can buy them later for nothing.

5. Isaac is such a sicko! I took him in a few weeks ago for a cough and wheezing and a sinus infection. He seems to have gotten worse so I took him in today and he now has an ear infection too. The doctor gave me 8 medications to give him. No joke! The deal with it is that they aren't even all "take once a day" meds. Half of them are "take twice a day" or have special instuctions like, "put granules on his food." He has two inhalers, an antibiotic, a breathing treatment, and other meds. It's very sad for him and stressful for me. I had to come home and make a big chart of when to give him what. It's also a bummer for Will because he now has to miss out on playgroup and other fun things. I think I'm going to buy a backpack just for all his meds so he can have them if we have to leave this house. Or...we can just stay inside our house for the rest of our lives. If you have a sick child, STAY AWAY FROM US OR I'LL HATE YOU! Ok, maybe not.

6. I called Mike the other day and asked him to buy some cream cheese on his way home from work for dinner. He walked in and said, "That was the most expensive cream cheese I've ever bought." Looks like I don't have to worry about what to purchase for our food storage this month. Good choice, Mike.

7. Our car keeps not starting on me. It has so far been fixed by jumping it but it keeps happening. I hope we just need a new battery. Either way, my car isn't working and I don't want to drive anywhere because I don't have a cell phone and would be trapped. But, we aren't leaving the house for the rest of our lives anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

8. My 1st counselor just told me she is most likely moving soon. Great.

9. Aside from being sick, Isaac is really cute.

Comments

Pitcher Family said…
WOW! I don't know what else to say. If my kid had to have that much meds he would just stay sick because I would forget to give it to him all the time. I am just thinking of all the cheese cake you could make... YUM!
Frances said…
Wo...that is a lot going on. Poor little Isaac. That is such a stress on you. Ugh, and your calling...I feel for you girl!!
Lisa said…
You know, we do not have any candy in our food storage, but I think that would be a good thing to add. Unfortunately, I don't think it would stay in storage too long...I'm afraid I would utilize it far too often, which is probably why I don't have any. Our primary president is looking for a house to buy, and so I am HOPING she will move, so then I get to be released! :)
Mandy, cheese cake sounds like a good way to use our candy bars. How about I send you the candy and you make the cake then send it back to me?

Frances, thanks for the sympathy!

Lisa, you are so funny! I laughed about both things--the candy and being released.
Jess and Jason said…
Congrats Mike!

Poor Ike, I hope as he gets older his immune system gets stronger! It might help if you make a chart and have to sign meds off...like we do in the hospital for patients. Then you are sure you don't miss anything.

I love ebay too!

I had to zoom in on the picture to figure out what Mike had bought. That would be SO dangerous in my house. It would turn from food storage in the basement, to food storage on my things, butt, and stomach really, really fast!
Papa Doc said…
Poor little Isaac! I feel so badly for him. Sometimes it just takes a few years for their immune systems to really fire up and start working. It's so early in the year that I have a feeling you might have a long winter ahead of you.
I also loved Will's comment about the moon. He is so adorable and inquisitive!
Hang in there, kiddo.
Kudos to Mike for getting a high score. Did anyone doubt he would?!
Jessie, so far we are doing good at remembering the meds and I can already tell he is doing better but it is going to take a long time until he is actually better. About the candy, Mike comes home every day and asks the boys if I gave them a candy bar. Will always says no. I totally forget we even have them! We've only eaten one so far and we split it between the four of us. Aren't you proud of our control?!

Mom, I hope we don't have a long winter. I am hoping these steroids and breathing treatments will help him have stronger lungs so when everyone around us starts getting sick, he won't. I doubt it but I am hoping for it anyway. Also, I loved Will's comment too. He is saying some really fun things lately.
Jess and Jason said…
I am amazed at your control!
Pitcher Family said…
I was so confused!! I thought those boxes were full of cream cheese... You can tell I don't pay very good attention to things. I would still love to have candy bar cheese cake! It would be way to dangerous for me to have that much candy in the house. I'm more concerned with having diapers and toilet paper in food storage!
Mandy, Mike and I were talking about how we could use our candy to barter for things. Can't you just see all the things we will be able to get by saying, "We'll give you a candy bar for water." Such a good idea.

Popular Posts