The games of little girls



Last week we opened our garage door just as some girls in our ward were decorating our car. They got my car done and were starting on Mike's when we came out. They were fast and got away before we saw them but we knew it was them anyway. This morning we woke up to this! We enlisted Will and Isaac's help and got it cleaned up in no time.
In other news, our mouse turned into two! We caught one mouse after two nights. The trick was to put peanut butter on the trap and then popcorn on top of that. Then when Mike woke up and threw the mouse away (IN OUR NORMAL TRASH CAN!!) he noticed that the mouse had somehow eaten all the food and according to him, that would be impossible considering the way it was stuck in the trap. So, it seems the poor thing was a sacrificial mouse. It must have gone for the food and died and then it's buddy came and ate the food, either while it was alive and suffereing or, once it died. I was hoping Mike was wrong because I didn't like imagining that our mouse problem had multiplied. But the next morning we found yet another one dead in the trap. They were both little and while it is gross that they were in our house (and that Mike keeps throwing them in our kitchen trash) I feel a little sad for them. Well see if we catch another one tonight.

Comments

Elder Richey said…
Does Mike know you're posting pictures of him in his robe on the internet? :)
He actually does. I said to him, "Do you want me to take this without you in it?" He said, "I don't care." Then after I posted it I asked him, "Don't you feel weird being outside in your robe for everyone to see?" He said, "No. Why should I?" I guess he has a high self-esteem.
Jess and Jason said…
Um, are these girls being vandals or is it just good clean fun? Because that would really make me mad!!

I am sorry about your multiplying mice. I hope there aren't mommy and daddy mice too!
Marcy said…
Love the bathrobe!

I'm wondering why said girls didn't have to clean up the mess...

We toiletpapered our neighbors once--I was like in 5th grade--and my parents recognized our toilet paper! and made us clean it up.
Jessie and Marcy, the girls are young women in the ward (and an older sister that graduated last year). It is all in good fun and thankfully we don't have big trees so it didn't take too long to clean up. Mike is out in his bathrobe because we thought it was going to rain (it actually did later) and then I would've been mad about the toilet paper. Anyway, it was Saturday and we saw one little lady out walking and everyone else was sleeping soundly. I tried talking Mike into saving the toilet paper and decorating their rooms with it but he threw the toilet paper away.
Lokodi said…
okay, that just makes me sick! I would totally freak out if i had a mouse in my house.

Lindsey
we caught 17 mice the month (january) that we brought avery home from the hospital to our awful nasty rental house in the bronx. one mouse escaped the glue trap somehow (tom swears by the glue traps) and tom cornered it in the bathroom with a broom. trapped it and had to step down to crunch it. mice are so gross. weren't we talking about cockroaches before?

and was it you who informed me of how disease-carrying they can be? thanks a lot!
That is sick, Shannon. I would freak if we had that many mice in our house. We have seen cockroaches in our backyard but thankfully haven't found them in our house. We had them all over the place in our apartment when we moved here though. I was so afraid to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.

Popular Posts