A very good day

I have to say that it is so beautiful outside today. I was reminded on my vacation how different the weather is in the two states and how much I dislike humidity (my in-laws in Maryland have it much worse than we do). Last night I had to visit a little girl that is having her baptism this Saturday and then rushed home so we could eat and go on a walk before the boys had to go to bed. It was so nice outside. We stopped by our friend's house on the way home and invited them to have Smore's with us on our miniture grill for our Family Home Evening treat. This morning the wonderful weather had continued. We had a slow morning but at 10:45 we got to the park and went for a small walk where we saw a Ditch Witch and a turtle. Then we walked back to the play area and the boys wanted to be pushed on the swings for a half an hour or longer. Will's little friend Talon showed up and they played a little longer and then we took them to McDonald's because Will had gotten two coupons for a free cone and cheeseburger when he went to the dentist. We got home around 1:30 and the boys went right to bed. They are both taking wonderful naps. I now need to fold some laundry and I got the floor moped this morning. So, it's not a very interesting post to read I'm sure, but a wonderful day here. I love spending time with the boys. I was telling Mike last night that I loved having Smore's because the boys thought it was the greatest thing and I love doing little things that I know are going to make them happy. I hope the weather stays this way for awhile but I think it's going to get warm again. Until then, we are going on lots of walks together as a family.....

Comments

Jess and Jason said…
What a great couple of days! Sounds like such fun. I love days when everyone naps and I get to be productive.

I do have to ask though, what kind of dentist gives coupons to McDonald's? Does that seem odd to anyone else?
Frances said…
That sounds so pleasant. Sometimes they best days are just when your kids are happy and you are able to get a few things done. I'm loving the nicer weather right now. We've been taking the girls on bikerides at night and that is one of my favorite things.

And yes, that is a little weird to hand out McDonalds coupons. It sure would be an incentive to go to the dentist though!
The cheeseburger isn't too weird to me since they aren't a doctors office. But the cone is weird to me. How can icecream be good for your teeth?

Popular Posts